Fish are skittish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my new African cichlid tank, the fish are skittish. I have bumblebee, electric blues. They are in a 55. An aqueon 75. And emperor 400. They were placed last night and they are out swimming near rocks. But dart when I get close. Is this normal? Ph:8.2. Am:0 nit:0 na:0.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank is cycled right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My mbunas come to the front glass when they see me and follow me around. But when I got them they were skittish too.

Tank is cycled right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea. Let it sit until it had 0 all on the board. Used fish flakes for about a month. Then just to be for sure moved established media from another tank. They are bright in color and do eat. They are just acting very shy.

They have been been in the tank less than 48 hours, of course they are still going to be skittish.

Ok. Last time I had them it was only about an hour and they were out swimming and following me around. Only reason I asked

My mbunas come to the front glass when they see me and follow me around. But when I got them they were skittish too.

isn't that awesome? lol...mine act like dogs when I come close to the glass. I should make a video of feeding time, they go nuts.

I wouldn't worry about it, like Moguraku said give them some time to settle in

Back
Top Bottom