Fish being weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

9ujy

Aquarium Advice Activist
K so my fish have seemed kinda bored patly hey just chill in one spot not doin much and not eatin as much.so I got some new fish to pizzaz it up.about an hour later the new fish are doin the same thing!I think my water might be a little cold.what do u guys think?

10gallon and a oto kahuli loach honey sunset gourami red platy and idk the temp...but I think it's cold

Okay try and find out the temperature! I use an electric one that is right on the dot. They could be shocked from changing tanks or i agree, the temp is off

Yeah, that is not normal. We need to know about your tank parameters thought to actually be able to help. Do you have a heater? Do you know the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? Knowing the temp would be helpful too. Without that info, we can just guess.

Ammonia is 0 I don't know exactly but i think my nitrite is up a little.could this be a parasite though? I just saw the gourami poop a long white stringy one

It could be several things. Yes, a parasite is an option. If your nitrite is up, that can make them listless and sick too. You need to figure out your exact nitrite and nitrate though. How often do you do pwc?
Also, otos and kuhlis both should be kept in groups, so they are quite posible acting listless because they want friends.
Do you have a heater? You said you thought it was cold. A little thermometer only costs like $2, so its easy to get in case you don't have one. A heater for a tank that size is only about $10.

same problem, male dwarf rainbow..not looking good.

My dwarf rainbow gourami is also looking odd, has been for a few days so i have been doing my best to revive him and sometimes i think he's looking ok, but today ive noticed he's almost laying on his side when doing this resting on the bottom that he's been doing for a week.

My water is fine, zero ammonia, zero nitrite, nitrate peaks but settles with a water change, which i do weekly, 30% last weekend, 60% weekend before that.

I had 4 male guppies recently die from fin rot, which i wasnt aware of until the 3rd guppy died, as the first 2 just disapeared over night with no trace! i started treating the tank with myxazin 5 day treatment on sunday, removing the carbon from the filter first. However the last two guppies didnt even last the night. I was distraught! :( Now its the 5th day and the gourami isnt looking enthusiastic.

Has my gourami got another bacterial disease? his gils dont move at all neither does his mouth move much. His Bro is becoming agressive towards him, i think he's trying to motivate him as they havent been aggresive before.
he's like a statue in the plants or gravel then snaps out of it, swims fast to the surface to gulp air, not eating much if at all, and then goes back to his statue position. Now his statue position is almost laying down.
Any ideas of what to do?

i really hate to see these guys suffer and feel so guilty because i dont know what to do, ive not had the guts to put them to sleep when they have got ill but maybe its time i put the water in the freezer and get ready to put Reg (Gourami) to rest.

I want to make sure his bro Ron survives, so id appreciate any help. Thanks.

Gourmis are always desiesed. I have owned 2 and both were desiesed and died within a few weeks. Ur fish is laying on his side and sitting in the ortiment because he is dying i hate to say :/

My dwarf rainbow gourami is also looking odd, has been for a few days so i have been doing my best to revive him and sometimes i think he's looking ok, but today ive noticed he's almost laying on his side when doing this resting on the bottom that he's been doing for a week.

My water is fine, zero ammonia, zero nitrite, nitrate peaks but settles with a water change, which i do weekly, 30% last weekend, 60% weekend before that.

I had 4 male guppies recently die from fin rot, which i wasnt aware of until the 3rd guppy died, as the first 2 just disapeared over night with no trace! i started treating the tank with myxazin 5 day treatment on sunday, removing the carbon from the filter first. However the last two guppies didnt even last the night. I was distraught! :( Now its the 5th day and the gourami isnt looking enthusiastic.

Has my gourami got another bacterial disease? his gils dont move at all neither does his mouth move much. His Bro is becoming agressive towards him, i think he's trying to motivate him as they havent been aggresive before.
he's like a statue in the plants or gravel then snaps out of it, swims fast to the surface to gulp air, not eating much if at all, and then goes back to his statue position. Now his statue position is almost laying down.
Any ideas of what to do?

i really hate to see these guys suffer and feel so guilty because i dont know what to do, ive not had the guts to put them to sleep when they have got ill but maybe its time i put the water in the freezer and get ready to put Reg (Gourami) to rest.

I want to make sure his bro Ron survives, so id appreciate any help. Thanks.
If you want full help, you should start your own thread. I see you are new here, so welcome to the site! But please start your own thread so your specific situation can be evaluated without taking away from the help the OP is trying to get.

i couldnt see the start new thread option! started looking to see if anyone else was having the same problem.
now ive been told ill be sure to not do it again. Thanks

Can fish have parasites and not poop white?

Back
Top Bottom