Fish for 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ItsInTents

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Marineland ML90609 Portrait Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon that I am planning to set up and cycle soon. I wanted to make it a community tank. I am aware that this aquarium is on the smaller side, but I believe it's doable as there are plenty of small fish out there. I have been doing some research but it's hard for me to decide, so what kind of fish and invertebrates would you guys recommend for this tank that would get along together and how much of each? Thanks.

I have a Marineland ML90609 Portrait Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon that I am planning to set up and cycle soon. I wanted to make it a community tank. I am aware that this aquarium is on the smaller side, but I believe it's doable as there are plenty of small fish out there. I have been doing some research but it's hard for me to decide, so what kind of fish and invertebrates would you guys recommend for this tank that would get along together and how much of each? Thanks.

Many species of Betta
Many species of Killifish
A school of Celestial Pearl Danio
A school of Chilli rasboras
2-3 Endlers
Least killifish

Theres not many fish for a 5 gallon that can form a "community" tank, since its just too small to have multiple species of fish in there without compromising some of the needs of its inhabitants.

Many species of Betta
Many species of Killifish
A school of Celestial Pearl Danio
A school of Chilli rasboras
2-3 Endlers
Least killifish

Theres not many fish for a 5 gallon that can form a "community" tank, since its just too small to have multiple species of fish in there without compromising some of the needs of its inhabitants.

How many Chili rasboras can I keep? Also, can I house dream blue velvet shrimp with them and maybe one nerite snail?

How many Chili rasboras can I keep? Also, can I house dream blue velvet shrimp with them and maybe one nerite snail?

You should be able to keep about 5-7 Chilli rasboras in a 5 gallon, with about 10 of the blue velvet shrimp and the nerite snails.

Back
Top Bottom