Fish out of QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yay! My ich fish are out of quarantine.

So now my 28 gallon contains
5 Red Eyed Tetras
1 Black Neon Tetra
6 Neon Tetras
4 Corys

Hope they can handle it! LOL. The one black neon is confused not sure if he should continue to school with the red eyed tetras or try to group up with the neons.

Glad to hear that. I think you could do a few more black neons to make him more confortable if you wanted.

Laser said:
Glad to hear that. I think you could do a few more black neons to make him more confortable if you wanted.

Yes I would complete the school and nice job for treating ich!!! Did any of your fish die?

When they got here (from their previous home/tank) there were 5 Red Eyed Tetras, 1 Common Pleco, 3 Black Neons). We lost the pleco pretty quickly not sure if it was the dirty water or temp or acclimating them too quickly. I left them in their water and added a little clean water slowly diluting then changing some out until it was clean. I also slowly heated it.

The next couple of days we got one black neon with a possibly swim bladder problem and we tried peas etc but it didn't work :(

Then another black neon, I guess he may have had ich in his gills or something. He swelled in the gills and face. His mouth was stuck open and he died a bit later that day :(

Otherwise they are all good (fingers crossed!).

Is 5 a good number of red eyed tetras? I wasn't going to have any so I didn't want to make it a HUGE school but I do want to up it to the minimum.

I am definitely headed out today to get more black neons. That little guy is all confused. But if they sit in iso for 3-4 weeks it's gonna be some time before he has his buddies back. I feel bad for him. I was tempted to throw him in the iso with the others.

Thanks! I am surprised I did it with as few casualties as we had. I am still new at this and it was all with upping the temp. Impressive and inexpensive!

After reading more about the red eyed tetra I may bring home 5 of them and 6 of the neons but that many in a 10 gallon might be pushing it

Back
Top Bottom