Fish tank above foundation wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishTnk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I would like to place a 125-150 gallon aquarium in my living room. My living room overlaps the basement foundation so I was thinking of placing the aquarium just above the concrete foundation wall. The tank size is 74 inches wide, the basement joists are 2"x10" set 16 inches apart, so the tank would span over 4 joists right above the concrete foundation wall.

Do you think such a setting would be appropriate?

Thank you. :)

Hi,

I would like to place a 125-150 gallon aquarium in my living room. My living room overlaps the basement foundation so I was thinking of placing the aquarium just above the concrete foundation wall. The tank size is 74 inches wide, the basement joists are 2"x10" set 16 inches apart, so the tank would span over 4 joists right above the concrete foundation wall.

Do you think such a setting would be appropriate?

Thank you. :)
if you are asking if it would be safe to do so, I would say for sure, sounds like an ideal place to put it. Ask yourself could you have 6-8 of your bigger friends stand in the place where you want to put that tank and would the floor hold up, if you could then you are fine.

Hello Fish...

The tank will be roughly 1,500 pounds set up. As long as you avoid setting up a large tank in the middle of a room, it will be fine sitting next to a wall. Your tank will also have the benefit of a concrete base. I think you're good.

B

Back
Top Bottom