Fish that easily eat pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alepop1211

Aquarium Advice Regular
What are some fish species (reef safe) that easily eat pellets and flakes from day 1 with no frozen foods required

flake and pellets are fine if you like feeding soy , but with out a good variety of other foods like frozen foods , nori ect. your fishes coloring wont be as brilliant as fish that have a well balanced variety of foods

when I first started out I too used pellets and flake , until I found out it easier to over feed ,
read the ingredients not very appealing ,

my fish seem happier with a meaty and vegetarian diet and there colors pop .
every meal is different they never get bored every weds they get live foods live mysiss live minnows
and live clams .

I use pre made frozen foods along with home made foods I do that I know the house will be empty
choices are endless frozen can be brine shrimp . clam/mussels , squid , mysiss shrimp , fresh fish gumbo it has cod , flounder , whiting , vegetarian mix a variation of assorted live macros both red and green with a blend of garlic , you can also make your own foods hit the sea food section theirs no end to the choices

everyone has their own feeding menu so there is always a wide variety

Last edited:
I need a couple of species that eat pellet to start out because I can only feed pellets for most of the year exept for summer. I need time to study for school and my freshwater tank does fine on pellets only for most of the year and I need my saltwater tank to do the same

depending on the size of the pellets a wide variety will eat pellets small to large, using pellets will require more frequent water changes phosphates will build faster

Last edited:
Without having to be weaned over to pellets? Can I get some species names?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom