Fish that suitable in 5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samahabou

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 5 gallon tank that was laying around in my garage so I came up with the idea to Set it up as a planted tank but I was wondering what kind of fish I can put in a 5 gallon tank?

Well I already planed the tank and it's my first planted tank ever but honestly I was thinking about guppies or neon tetras as I see at the pet store it's suitable for up to 5 gallon but not sure if it's true that's why I'm here lol here is a pic of my tankImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392698630.393479.jpg it's still cycling so I'm not Ganna rush just trying to get some ideas

Well I already planed the tank and it's my first planted tank ever but honestly I was thinking about guppies or neon tetras as I see at the pet store it's suitable for up to 5 gallon but not sure if it's true that's why I'm here lol here is a pic of my tank it's still cycling so I'm not Ganna rush just trying to get some ideas

You can add a guppy or maybe 2 maybe. I wouldnt add neons because they need to be in a group of 5 and need atleast 10g. I like your tank too, maybe add a tallish piece of driftwood

So from my understanding ur saying that I can put a betta with 2 guppies is that right ?? And yes driftwood on the way I'm just waiting for it to get in the mail

So from my understanding ur saying that I can put a betta with 2 guppies is that right ?? And yes driftwood on the way I'm just waiting for it to get in the mail

No no no a single betta OR a guppy or 2 but personally I would just stick with a betta and some snails or shrimp

Got it lol well thanks I really appreciate ur help?

No! Go with African Dwarf frogs! You can get away with two in there! They're so fun to watch! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392703370.988792.jpg

Here are a few other options:
Dwarf puffer
Chili rasboras and a sparkling gourami
Dwarf shrimp like red cherry shrimp
Scarlet badis

Back
Top Bottom