Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Planted Odyssey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good mid ground in a taller tank imo, nice plant, I just got something similar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think it would contrast the crypts nicely if I put it in the mid-ground, and would allow for the tank to flow better. As of the moment, I'm wanting to put Crypt spiralis in the background over any Val. There is also a chance I'll put Java Fern in the tank after all...I'd just have to reconfigure things a bit. Java Fern has been the best corner filler that I've had, and I think it'd contrast the Red Flame Sword well. I'd probably go with the Windelov variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey guys, Han is having a Pre-Christmas day sale on some Buces. I'm targeting some of the brownie species because I've heard they are good starter Buces. Should I jump on the opportunity? Would they do well in this low light setup? Brownie sp. purple, phantom, Helena, and Amanda are on sale for cheap.

I havnt had luck with any of them.. ever hahah... give the brownie a try though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey guys, Han is having a Pre-Christmas day sale on some Buces. I'm targeting some of the brownie species because I've heard they are good starter Buces. Should I jump on the opportunity? Would they do well in this low light setup? Brownie sp. purple, phantom, Helena, and Amanda are on sale for cheap.

Go for it dude..can't go wrong with Han and his prices..he gave me almost twice of what I ordered and all the Buce was happy and healthy and beautiful..

Go for it dude..can't go wrong with Han and his prices..he gave me almost twice of what I ordered and all the Buce was happy and healthy and beautiful..

+1 Never been disappointed with anything I've ordered from him!

I'll give them a shot then. The gamble won't be that huge anyway...around $10-14 maybe. I'll also be getting some other plants too--crypts and a Windelov Java Fern. I'm going to get some Anubias from a TPT member. ALSO, I ordered the Finnex Planted + 24/7, and its on its way. Lots of changes coming in the next two weeks!

I'll give them a shot then. The gamble won't be that huge anyway...around $10-14 maybe. I'll also be getting some other plants too--crypts and a Windelov Java Fern. I'm going to get some Anubias from a TPT member. ALSO, I ordered the Finnex Planted + 24/7, and its on its way. Lots of changes coming in the next two weeks!

Nice dude! Just got my planted plus 24/7...looking foward to using it

I've decided that I'm going to get Marsilea minuta as a foreground plant. I think that this will be the best low-growing foreground option.

I just ordered a bunch of plants!

Buce Catherinae (I had always admired it from Sk3lly's tank)
Buce Brownie Ghost 2015
Buce Brownie Phantom
Buce Brownie Purple
Buce Brownie Helena
Crypt beckettii 'petchii'
Crypt wendtii 'green gecko'
Crypt 'balansae'
Java Fern Windelov
Dwarf Sag
Marsilea minuta

The Buce cost total was around $35, which I thought was a deal considering how expensive they are. Hopefully they do well in my tank!

I did a little rearranging last night. I moved the Red Flame Sword right of center, and switched the driftwood pieces around. Pics to come later.

Here are the "before" pictures:

I'll post the "after" photos this afternoon.

After photos:

FTS:

There's plenty of room for the new additions.

Lookin good. Cant wait to see them buces. Great purchase

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Low-Light Tank

Any electricians on here? My CO2 system has made a buzzing noise on occasion the past couple months, and it doesn't matter where it is plugged in. I have a rising suspicion that it may be because of the timer that it is plugged into.

Not an electrician, but try plugging it directly into a wall outlet and see if the noise is still present.

Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Low-Light Tank

Not an electrician, but try plugging it directly into a wall outlet and see if the noise is still present.

Sometimes it would make the buzzing noise, but other times it wouldn't. I have to use a grounding socket adaptor to plug it into an extension cord. The outlet is not grounded (I live in an old house). I've contacted GLA on the matter to see what they have to say.

I'm about to do a test to clear out any possible debris that might be in the solenoid. I hope this works!

Back
Top Bottom