Flappy greyish fungus on driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheAmlinals

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I'd like you to help me identify what exactly this stuff growing on my driftwood log is, and tell me if its ok (safe) to leave in there with my fishies, or if I should get rid of the log?
Thanks, let me know if this picture is good enough for you to tell what it is.

Attachments

• image-3922852555.jpg
    image-3922852555.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 77
Weird, I actually have some weird algae growing on only 1 piece of my Mopani driftwood, I have 4 pieces, I have a CAE but he doesn't seem to eat it. Should I wash it off periodically?

Ok, weird. Is yours the same kind of algae as in my picture? Hopefully someone will reply with some answers for us. :)

It's normal. It's a type of fungus and its harmless. You can scrub it off and some fish will eat it but eventually it'll go away in its own.

Ok, thanks for chiming in. I will leave it alone then if its safe and not adversely affecting water quality or anything. I actually don't mind how it looks, kind of flapping around there, and the bamboo shrimp will kind of pick through it for little bits i figure its softer on their fan hands than trying to that on the log itself or the gravel. I just wish it was a nice bright green instead of that weird mushroomy-grey colour. Lol

Back
Top Bottom