fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jester1026 said:
Tank is looking good. You have given me inspiration for my empty chi. Now all I need is approval from management and I can start.

Is management your spouse/significant other? Lol!! Im glad I've inspired you! It really is a nice size little tank!

Yup the wife is management and I have been given a green light so watch for the build thread.

The emerald crab has eaten all the stuff off the rocks. I dropped a few pieces of food in and he went nuts for it! Even fighting the snails! How much should I feed them?! I fed them 8 little pieces... They are acting like they are starving! (the food is new life spectrum marine formula sinking pellets. The pellets are tiny.)

And apparently this food is the ultimate cat treat too. My cat went crazy trying to get it!! (it must smell fantastic to her.)

Attachments

• image-3729664494.jpg
    image-3729664494.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3850473892.jpg
    image-3850473892.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 59
lol that's awesome

clean up crews can survive on very little and often just eat the micro algae you can't even see yet.

you're likely feeding enough

scottayy said:
lol that's awesome

clean up crews can survive on very little and often just eat the micro algae you can't even see yet.

you're likely feeding enough

Ok. I didn't want them to be starving. I've still only seen 2 of the hermits. Hopefully the other one is ok.

Have you started a pico reef thread yet?

I HAVE COPEPODS!!

they are itty bitty tiny... But I know that's what they are. They are movin around on the glass.

Now I'm waiting for my diatom bloom...

Wait... Wait a minute... Upon closer inspection of my "base rock" piece I can definitely see some diatoms.

Will my crab and hermits eat them? I hope so!

Wow. Alot happened in my tank today.

Should I get a clown goby today if the LFS got any new ones in? I have a coupon...

Likely not going to eat diatoms. They are ugly but will go away! You might not even have diatoms since you don't have a silica sand.

Pods.. nice!

Yeah go ahead and get one!

scottayy said:
Likely not going to eat diatoms. They are ugly but will go away! You might not even have diatoms since you don't have a silica sand.

Pods.. nice!

Yeah go ahead and get one!

PFS isn't a silica sand?

I may go fish shopping later... We'll see.

Oh yeah I forgot you added some in with the beach sand.

Hope they have some new healthy looking ones in for you!

scottayy said:
Oh yeah I forgot you added some in with the beach sand.

Hope they have some new healthy looking ones in for you!

Its probably 75% pfs and 25% beach sand. It would be nice if they had some nice healthy ones.

Well, they didn't have any new clown gobies. But he was ordering fish when I called so he ordered 2 yellow, 2 citron, two black, 2 green,and 2 Green And Blue. He said call around 11:45 on Thursday and he will let me know what came in and I can pick it up before they put them in their tanks. Hooray!

Huffers said:
Awesome! Do you know what kind of goby your going to get?

I get to pick when I go. Hopefully all those colors come in so I have many to pick from but it doesn't matter. They are all really cute! The "blue green" one sounds like a Warpaint goby. I think they look awesome. So we have to wait and see Thursday what I get to pick from.

Make sure you watch them feed them. :) also if possible, watch the new addition closely for any signs of parasites. I've made the mistake of impulse buying and it took me almost three months to fix it. Just saying! Good luck and hope those fish are healthy. :)

Jmkb02 said:
Make sure you watch them feed them. :) also if possible, watch the new addition closely for any signs of parasites. I've made the mistake of impulse buying and it took me almost three months to fix it. Just saying! Good luck and hope those fish are healthy. :)

I completely understand about the parasites/diseases. I passed up on a citrine goby this past week because I suspected it had Ich and something was going on with it's tail fin. I won't be able to watch them feed the gobys they get in because they aren't going to put them in their tanks. I'm going to get to pick the one I want and bring it home so it doesn't have to be acclimated to two different tanks that day. That's what's supposed to happen at least. I can only hope they come in healthy too. I will inspect them as best as I can and cross my fingers. The good thing is I don't have any other fish for it to infect and it will be my only fish in this tank.

Bearchumjs said:
I completely understand about the parasites/diseases. I passed up on a citrine goby this past week because I suspected it had Ich and something was going on with it's tail fin. I won't be able to watch them feed the gobys they get in because they aren't going to put them in their tanks. I'm going to get to pick the one I want and bring it home so it doesn't have to be acclimated to two different tanks that day. That's what's supposed to happen at least. I can only hope they come in healthy too. I will inspect them as best as I can and cross my fingers. The good thing is I don't have any other fish for it to infect and it will be my only fish in this tank.

Yes and good job on passing him up, most people will try to "save" a fish in trouble and end up killing it faster due to acclimation and other things. It's good I guess that there is no other live stock on the tank. I would try to wait a while after the addition before investing in coral and other stock just to be sure. You are doing a great job and I must compliment you on your persistent patience. I really hope you get a keeper.

Jmkb02 said:
Yes and good job on passing him up, most people will try to "save" a fish in trouble and end up killing it faster due to acclimation and other things. It's good I guess that there is no other live stock on the tank. I would try to wait a while after the addition before investing in coral and other stock just to be sure. You are doing a great job and I must compliment you on your persistent patience. I really hope you get a keeper.

I went 3 days in a row and looked at that fish... I just couldn't buy him. I bought a little CUC, so there is livestock, but I will have had them for about a week and a half when I pick up the goby. I figured that was a good amount of time between additions. I'll can't get a coral until I have a light. That will be here Tuesday. The place I want to get coral is from a guy on Craigslist, and I fear getting murdered, so my husband has to go with me so it may be awhile before I can get a coral. Lol!

Bearchumjs said:
I did a little video on my phone and I was able to get a picture from the video. I apologize if the quality is bad.

You NEED this tang! They are awesome! If you will QT him, get him fat, happy, and healthy, he will do great in your tank!

Back
Top Bottom