fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
Thanks! I guess I can't say I comeplety left it alone. I scraped the sides off a little and gave the tank a good stir to lift anything up off the sand... Diatoms, snail poop... Whatever.

Hey! Still no ... My brain quite working...
Oh! Cyano! Still no cyano!

Lol. You made it 2 days leaving it alone!! :) that's about my limit too!! :)

Beengirl said:
Lol. You made it 2 days leaving it alone!! :) that's about my limit too!! :)

Maybe I should say I'm leaving it alone aside from pwc's (which I did a 1.5 gal today) and cleaning the glass off.

As far as moving corals or "target feeding the crab with tweezers because its fun", I've been very good! I really want to move one of the zoas. But I'm not going to. Nope. If it isn't opening more by Tuesday then I will move it then. Lol! Tuesday is the day right? I think my "allergies" may actually be a cold. I can't think straight at the moment.... Goodnight everyone!

Well I almost made it a week. The zoas were looking really good so I moved them back up. Now I will leave them there at least til Friday, and if they are doing good i'll leave them there forever. My candy cane is finally all happy again! Here's some pics.

Attachments

• image-2649866504.jpg
    image-2649866504.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3386454756.jpg
    image-3386454756.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image-2526723805.jpg
    image-2526723805.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 147
Moved the candy cane to a new spot. It's where i would like it to stay so I hope it likes it there.

Added a carbon pouch to my HOB filter. I'm thinking about trading out my current HOB to a slightly larger one that would create more flow. Maybe then I wouldn't have to buy a PH, and I already have the other HOB filter so it wouldn't cost anything. Decisions, decisions...

FTS and coral pics

Attachments

• image-3154111138.jpg
    image-3154111138.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 108
  • image-1659535668.jpg
    image-1659535668.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 109
  • image-1876471141.jpg
    image-1876471141.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2252761107.jpg
    image-2252761107.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 129
Beengirl said:
Looks great!! So when you gettin the goby?

Thank you. Maybe in a few weeks. I need to get a PH and a mag float and some more CUC... So probably after that stuff. I have some hair algae making an appearance so I want to take care of that before I get a fish.

Convict2161 said:
Looking awesome!! GREAT job!! Loughs looks good too!!

Evansimp said:
Looks awesome ! I'm jealous!

Thanks guys! Really happy with the coral. They are doing well. Not happy about hair algae on the glass. I'll be getting some more cleanup crew and hopefully them + more wc's will take care of it. Then I'll be getting a PH and mini mag float... Then a fish and later another coral. Maybe a mushroom or a finger leather... I don't know yet. A mushroom is in my future though. :)

Can I keep 2 emerald crabs or would they fight? I'd like a ruby emerald crab.

(All that and I still want to get another nerite for my freshwater tank and some more rummy nosed tetras... Lol!)

I'm not certain about another emerald, I read somewhere that 1 per 25g is best, so it said in my 55g i should get 2 at most. Not sure if they would actually fight or what the issue is though.

My tank is still doing fine. I'll do a big pwc this week. Like 75%. Then maybe next week or so I will get a fish or coral... Or more CUC, or a PH...

I don't know. Wherever the tide steers me I guess.

(Leaning towards CUC and a PH. I don't like hair algae, or diatoms on my sandbed).

Here are some photos. The zoas are multiplying!

Attachments

• image-1807373236.jpg
    image-1807373236.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 114
  • image-20390150.jpg
    image-20390150.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 94
scottayy said:
How many new polyps do you have?

I'm not sure exactly but at least 2 neon green ones and a couple of the other ones. Watermelon or eagle eyes? I don't know what kind they are. Plus the original polyps have gotten bigger.

Petco has a yellow clown goby that looks good. Very small. Also some astrea (sp?) snails.

Will the astrea eat lots of different algaes and clean my glass? I'm seriously thinking about getting them and the goby. My emerald crab doesn't clean the glass and eats mostly the hair algae

They have a harlequin shrimp! Super cool looking but not for my tank.

And some camel shrimp. They look cool. Gonna have to research them.

The zoas look great, and overall, youre doing a perfect job so far!! Keep it up!!

Back
Top Bottom