fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh! I had petco order me a Duncan. Hopefully I will get it in a few weeks. It's a special supplier so it takes a little longer I guess.

The Astrea snails are in the tank. I did a drip acc for a little over an hour. I set the snails on the rock I posted a pic of yesterday. I am hoping they clean it for me. We'll see how it looks when I get home. Been having iPhone issues, so I will TRY to post a pic of them and an FTS in a little bit. I can't promise anything.

HOLY COW GUYS!

For some reason I thought one of my new astrea snails was missing. I figured I would take a look in the HOB filter to see if it was in there. I found FEATHER DUSTER WORMS!! They were living in the filter on the live rock rubble. So I couldnt help myself and I used some tweezers to grab a few rocks and put the dusters in my DT. There are 5 worms on one of the rocks!

I also noticed 2 small worm looking things on a peice of liverock... I hope they arent bad. Im going to have look them up. What are some names of white pest worms I could google?

Free feather dusters!! Yea!! Just got my first one today. :) the astrea are good at eating algae. They don't move fast, but the do a good job. I have lots in my tank. They do sometimes fall off rocks and such, if you see one upside down you'll have to right it or it'll die there. And yes, they're on glass all the time too. :)

Free feather dusters!! Yea!! Just got my first one today. :) the astrea are good at eating algae. They don't move fast, but the do a good job. I have lots in my tank. They do sometimes fall off rocks and such, if you see one upside down you'll have to right it or it'll die there. And yes, they're on glass all the time too. :)

the feather dusters are so neato!! I wanted to get one, now I dont need to! :dance:

Im glad the astrea snails will be good at eating algea. I've got some ... too much!... growing. and yes... THEY ARE AS SLOW AS MOLASSES IN JANUARY. It was driving me nuts and I had to stop looking at my tank. :popcorn:

The guy at petco almost talked me into buying a rainsford goby today. :love: I love them. My tank just isnt ready for one. plus it was $20. I'd cut off my left arm if I spent that on a fish and it died. :ermm:

(the online forum has more features than my iphone app!)

Bearchumjs said:
the feather dusters are so neato!! I wanted to get one, now I dont need to! :dance:

Im glad the astrea snails will be good at eating algea. I've got some ... too much!... growing. and yes... THEY ARE AS SLOW AS MOLASSES IN JANUARY. It was driving me nuts and I had to stop looking at my tank. :popcorn:

The guy at petco almost talked me into buying a rainsford goby today. :love: I love them. My tank just isnt ready for one. plus it was $20. I'd cut off my left arm if I spent that on a fish and it died. :ermm:

(the online forum has more features than my iphone app!)

banded trochus snails move a lot faster than astrea and their shells are prettier, IMO. My Petco usually has those too. I have a lot of both types. Rainsford gobies are very pretty and colorful. Almost got one for the 30g last week, but didn't. My LFS (not Petco) had it at $30, though. I probably would have snatched it up for $20. Lol.

The link didn't work.... :( maybe try linking the pic??

Bearchumjs said:
A pic of the feather duster worms I found yesterday.

Awwww... They're so tiny and cute. The Nassarius next to them looks like Godzilla compared to them!!! Lol

Well guys... I finally did it. I ordered my daughter a replacement kindle charger. Wait- what? Eligible for free super saver shipping!? I need to buy something else! What? A pico power head? Why yes thank you! Oh my! It is also eligible for free super saver shipping! How awesome!

If that made no sense- I ordered a power head. This one, to be exact:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003C5RC8I/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1347484747&sr=8-1

Good choice, it will do well in your tank. Any new additions?

They do die periodically. Try banded trochus. Much more interesting to watch cuz they move fast, well fast for a snail. :)

Back
Top Bottom