fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
1.5 gal pwc complete. I'm out of salt again. Everything is mad at me for mucking up the water when I scrubbed the glass. I'm sure it will all be fine tomorrow!

Yeah, it'll all be fine in an hour or two. Every week after I scrub and do PWC, water actually looks worse for an hour or two, then clears up and looks better, then zoas come back out.

Beengirl said:
Yeah, it'll all be fine in an hour or two. Every week after I scrub and do PWC, water actually looks worse for an hour or two, then clears up and looks better, then zoas come back out.

They should be looking good again tomorrow then! Lights just turned out.

I just target fed the candy cane one piece of food per polyp. Then I took a soft toothbrush to some of the algae on the rocks. Hopefully the tank will look beautiful when the light comes on in the morning!

I think I have a perfect spot for when I get the Duncan I ordered. I need to know if I can place it on the sand bed though. I'd like to place it up higher but I don't know if the light will be too much for it.

You can place it on the sand bed. And you could probably place it higher up too.. but I'm not familiar with these par38's enough to know just how powerful they are yet. Your duncan will let you know.

Petco has a blue green clown goby... I may have to buy it this week. Maybe tomorrow... Maybe today! I don't know!!! He looked healthy though and so did the other fish in the tank with him.

No Duncan frag yet.

Coral question- there was some sort of sps... Maybe an acro of some kind. The bottom half was green and the top half was brown. Does that mean it is maybe dying? Would it come back under the proper conditions? I'm thinking about asking for a discount on it.

It's probably browning from not enough light.

Your par38 is how many watts again?

You'll need more flow for SPS.

Petco had a orange striped prawn goby/pistol shrimp pair. The pistol shrimp was so cute and tiny!

Still deciding on the blue green clown goby...

I'm putting a few new pics on my profile.

I know. Lol! Maybe tomorrow... Or Monday. I have a coupon somewhere so I should try to find it!

Pics are up! Got a nice one of the candy cane. :)

Beengirl said:
"Naked" huh? Getting a little risqué now, aren't we??!! Lol.

Naked is better, right?! It's tropical environment...

It has a pretty blue chin and it doesn't have the red striping of a standard green clown goby. I knew there was something special about it. I may have to get a sexy shrimp too...

Naked Goby and Sexy shrimp... I'll call it my burlesque tank. LOL!

Bearchumjs said:
Naked is better, right?! It's tropical environment...

It has a pretty blue chin and it doesn't have the red striping of a standard green clown goby. I knew there was something special about it. I may have to get a sexy shrimp too...

Naked Goby and Sexy shrimp... I'll call it my burlesque tank. LOL!

Yeah, next you'll be installing tiny little poles for them!! Haha!! And charging admission!! Lol

Beengirl said:
Yeah, next you'll be installing tiny little poles for them!! Haha!! And charging admission!! Lol

Then start vodka dosing! That'll really get them going!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom