Flying Foxes or Cory Cats Ate My Plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samuel-Bennett

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had plants in my tank which were fine then I got 2 cory's and 2 flying foxes, next thing I know all my plants are gone, the whole lot lol. Just wondering which of them would eat them.

They were in there for a while and growing before I put them in, I just never managed to catch them eating them

My corydoras dont eat plants and neither do my SAE's. Ive heard flying foxes will munch on them

Same, never have seen cory cat eat them. I have seen the flying foxes munch on them but they have small stomachs and only graze on them, not enough to graze down a whole plant. How many of them do you have or how small is the plant? Besides, depending on the plant the stem would have still been there, they only graze on the leaves. It is more like they are sucking the micro orginisms of the plant.

I had pretty big full plants, don't even know what they were, one was like a tree, had quite a thick stem and big leaves coming off it all the way up, that's all that was left though, the stem lol.

I have Guppies, Platy's, Mollies and Cherry Barbs with them and they don't normally get ate,

there isn't a single plant left since they went in.

How many Flying foxes are in the tank though and how long did it take for them to disapear?

2, and it was within a week, within a couple of days they had got through a lot.

I can't see it being them though, they're so small, they're mouths I mean, the plants literally got shredded to bits, there were bits floating all over the tank. That's why I thought it was the Cory's

Honestly, i would be pointing fingers at the cherry barbs, platies, or guppies.

my platys nibble on my plants some, but i have so many, there's no way they could eat them all... im with etunes, i seriously doubt the two suspects are actually guilty

Back
Top Bottom