Food Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

I've been feeding flake food supplemented with dried brine shrimp and daphnia occasionally.

Does anyone have a recommendation for community tank food?

Thanks,
D

Thanks Charlie, I feed New Life Spectrum flakes. I'll look into what you're using.

New life is great! Some of the "better" foods, like omega 1, my fish don't really care for. They also really like fluval bug bites

I've been feeding the same flake food forever. At one point I had a 125 gal. African Cichlid tank and I fed them pellets. I was thinking of finding some kind of mini sinking pellets.

The YoYos and Rams like the shrimp wafers.

I've been feeding the same flake food forever. At one point I had a 125 gal. African Cichlid tank and I fed them pellets. I was thinking of finding some kind of mini sinking pellets.

The YoYos and Rams like the shrimp wafers.
I do the shrimp wafers. All of my fish seem to like getting a nibble as they float to the bottom, lol. The fluval bug bites are pretty slow sinking so ev1 gets a bit

The YoYos are pretty aggressive eaters, and I have other fish that will hang back. I've always been concerned about not feeding enough and the more shy fish not getting a chance to eat. Because of that, I think that I've overfed in the past.

I have MTS in my tank, and when I have overfed I have had a population explosion. Now, I barely see any. Maybe the YoYos?

I have dried meal worms that I feed to my peacock, but I'm always paranoid about feeding food from one of my animals to another that it's not meant for.

I used to feed tetra and when I switched over to Fluval brand food- my fish would spit it out. Took them awhile to get used to it. Picky little boogers liked the cheapo food better. :lol:
The ultimate favorite food was the frozen turtle blocks I would feed when the turtle was in the community tank...Poor turtle only got the leftovers. :whistle:

Haha! Funny about the poor turtle. Most of my fish will eat pretty much anything you drop in there. I haven't found them to be very picky. Omega 1 and freeze dried blood worms are prob the 2 things i was surprised they didn't really like

Honestly, I have so many tanks and fish I buy either in bulk or find decent food like tetra or hikari or ocean nutrition on sale and buy that

Back
Top Bottom