Food suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serpaer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29g freshwater tank and a great selection of fish. I usually feed them dry flakes with occasional live black worms and freeze dried bloodworms. Any other foods out there that can be beneficial or just a good treat?

I have a 29g freshwater tank and a great selection of fish. I usually feed them dry flakes with occasional live black worms and freeze dried bloodworms. Any other foods out there that can be beneficial or just a good treat?

How about daphnia, brine shrimp as far as natural foods go. New life spectrum pellets seems to be something many members recommend.

You can also offer some fresh veggies. My most frequent offerings are peas, carrots and broccoli.

I just blanch them to make them soft. De-shell the peas before offering, usually I tear it into bits because they sink rather fast. Carrots are of course peeled before cooking and again offered in little bits. Broccoli I just rip off some of those little "balls" on the floret. Usually I just offer once or twice a week and just offer when ever I'm having this with dinner so I'm not preparing something so small on the side.

****! :facepalm: forgot to Mention veggies! +1 with Tamtam ... My fish go nuts over zucchini / peas and Algae wafers.

I feed my fish: tetra granules, bloodworm, daphnia, brine shrimp, flake food and I think that's it!

Back
Top Bottom