Food to amplify blue coloring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actinic bulbs in your fixtures will have a far better effect in bringing out blue coloration rather than searching out a new food, stick with NLS and buy new bulbs.

Yes I do! Great food. I don't have the red formula yet but will be buying it soon. I have been feeding the regular Cichlid formula for awhile now

Hahaha cause I was reading the nls food and there is a warning about turning yellow fish orange! So I was wondering if there was something for blues

I got marineland LEDs

I use marineland double brights and they look awesome and natural but I also added a aquatic life led strip that's blue and white and it adds a nice blue pics are 1- w just double brights, 2- w just the aquatic life blue and white LEDs, 3 - both

Attachments

• image-3337524520.jpg
    image-3337524520.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 66
I use marineland double brights and they look awesome and natural but I also added a aquatic life led strip that's blue and white and it adds a nice blue pics are 1- w just double brights, 2- w just the aquatic life blue and white LEDs, 3 - both

Ok so pics came out wrong First is w both and the next 2 are the solo ones

Attachments

• image-186341074.jpg
    image-186341074.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2427734956.jpg
    image-2427734956.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 61
Sorry to butt in... Is that a 72 bow? If so I was thinking of buying the marineland ... Did u keep the old hood or do u sit it on the glass canopy?.... Looks great!

Sorry to butt in... Is that a 72 bow? If so I was thinking of buying the marineland ... Did u keep the old hood or do u sit it on the glass canopy?.... Looks great!

Yep it's 72 bow
You can sit it on the glass. I know people do but I actually have no glass and run an open top. I put the 48 inch marineland double brights which are about 5 inches front to back width to the back half of tank and the legs make them fit perfect. Then I use the stock light fixture in front to hide them as I like the flow of the same stock look. For the blue and white other led strip I ordered a 48 inch too. It's less then 2 inched from front to back width and when I removed the old bulb that stock fixture lets the second led sit right under it hidden. It has its own legs that hold it on top. The stock fixture sits on the ledge around the top of tank. I slide it all the way up front as far as it'll go. I can send detailed pics its basic. Works well though and I like the way the water looks and the fact you see no nonstock things when u look at it. Between the double brights in back and the stock in front the only open area is the bow section in front

Also pet solutions had the marineland on sale I think

Great... I didn't want to lose the look of the hood either... If u could send some other pics of how u attached led strips under hood that would be awesome!! Only difference for me is I really can't lose the glass canopy since I have a very adventurous 4 yr old.... Thanks again!!

Great... I didn't want to lose the look of the hood either... If u could send some other pics of how u attached led strips under hood that would be awesome!! Only difference for me is I really can't lose the glass canopy since I have a very adventurous 4 yr old.... Thanks again!!

Sure I know you can remove the legs and you can just lay on glass. I will pm you later when I get home. Video may be easier. If you want just pm me your email and I will send a quick vid of setup

I'd be interested in seeing that also. I have a 72 bow front as well that I got for $15 dollars at a garage sale. The hood and top was damaged beyond repair and I don't like my current lighting.

Back
Top Bottom