FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you need some downoi for the future rescape you can have some of yours back...lol
http://i.imgur.com/lNDKHOg.jpg

sit in silence...

I may take you up on this. I only have 5-6 left due to over crowding and shading.
As mentioned in my shrimp tank thread, I may take out a GOOD portion of the plants in this tank and go for a different look. Hill on one side with several branches of manzanita poking out of it. A FEW mid ground and back ground stem plants on that side. Then a transition to a valley dominated by stars, Downoi, AR mini, and maybe a type of grass.
Well, that's what's floating around in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could pull off a dhg valley!

sit in silence...

I would be copying Ziggys setup (which is awesome!). Minus the white stream.
I think I'm ready to try something a bit different. Very easy to hide hardscape or lack there of with plants. Lots and lots of plants.

Do it fresh.. you know you want to.. don't let anyone talk you out of your dreams (wife). It will.be masterful... the world needs this tank (world=we)
*repeat out loud in a creepy whisper voice to get the full effect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I may take you up on this. I only have 5-6 left due to over crowding and shading.
As mentioned in my shrimp tank thread, I may take out a GOOD portion of the plants in this tank and go for a different look. Hill on one side with several branches of manzanita poking out of it. A FEW mid ground and back ground stem plants on that side. Then a transition to a valley dominated by stars, Downoi, AR mini, and maybe a type of grass.
Well, that's what's floating around in my head.

I think that's a good idea. If you like it, you should go for it!

I would be copying Ziggys setup (which is awesome!). Minus the white stream.
I think I'm ready to try something a bit different. Very easy to hide hardscape or lack there of with plants. Lots and lots of plants.

Go for it! I am honored that you would take some of my setup and incorporate it in your rescape! I am certain that you will create an awesome layout! I can't wait to see it!

LOL - The pressure is on!!! You will make it awesome - you know you will.

I will need some plants in about a week and a half. The 72G is a plant mess here, and now only one big Angel in there and will be 3 little ones probably tomorrow, any how not all of them eating all the plants, so I plan to do a rescape ;)

Just an update on the planted tank:
IINUmFM.png
Trying to decide which stem plants will stay and which will go. The AR mini, stars, and Downoi will stay. I might score a deal on manzanita and that will be the primary hardscape. Maybe a stone or two. Maybe some DBT, glosso, or DHG. I've never done a true carpet plant before.
I need to draw things out.

Just an update on the planted tank:
IINUmFM.png
Trying to decide which stem plants will stay and which will go. The AR mini, stars, and Downoi will stay. I might score a deal on manzanita and that will be the primary hardscape. Maybe a stone or two. Maybe some DBT, glosso, or DHG. I've never done a true carpet plant before.
I need to draw things out.

I've never had glosso before, but I can tell you that DHG is very EASY after it acclimates and roots itself in. Hardscape will look nice next to anything if you pick the right pieces. I've always been a fan of spider wood, but that's just personnel preference.

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'm looking at ordering glosso, DBT, and crypt parva. Will EcoComplete present a problem when planting these plants? The glosso and crypt parva are in rockwool filled pots and the DBT is a 3x5 coco fiber mat. Plants in pots will be separated and planted singly and the mat will be cut into squares (not sure what size yet). Last the I ordered parva my lighting was so so and it eventually died off. That was three years ago.
Autumn - can you drop a pick of the petrified stuff in one of your albums or email a pic? Check your pm.
Still considering ordering some manzanita thru a group buy at a local fish club. But that's 12-18 pieces of it (way more than I need). I have 1-2 nice branches of it now; thinking of spending that money on plants or stones instead.

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'm looking at ordering glosso, DBT, and crypt parva. Will EcoComplete present a problem when planting these plants? The glosso and crypt parva are in rockwool filled pots and the DBT is a 3x5 coco fiber mat. Plants in pots will be separated and planted singly and the mat will be cut into squares (not sure what size yet). Last the I ordered parva my lighting was so so and it eventually died off. That was three years ago.
Autumn - can you drop a pick of the petrified stuff in one of your albums or email a pic? Check your pm.
Still considering ordering some manzanita thru a group buy at a local fish club. But that's 12-18 pieces of it (way more than I need). I have 1-2 nice branches of it now; thinking of spending that money on plants or stones instead.

What stores are left in NVA? I used to go to Maru, Annandale Super Pets, and Fin & Feathers. I know Maru and ASP are gone. Where do you go now??

What stores are left in NVA? I used to go to Maru, Annandale Super Pets, and Fin & Feathers. I know Maru and ASP are gone. Where do you go now??

Centreville pets for some livestock. Dave (the manager) is pretty good at looking out for special orders. Other than that, slim pickings around here store wise. Sad really. I may have to shlep up to MD.
Occasionally the classified section at PVAS has some nice items. Lots of breeders present. There's a fellow that makes regular trips to Peru and comes back with interesting WC stock. There's always something available at the monthly auctions.
In April there is a big event (I think that is what it's called) hosted by CCA in silver spring.

Back
Top Bottom