Freshwater angels fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrogFrenzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone had any experience with angelfish? Any general info would be helpful. And also has anyone successful kept angels with tiger barbs? I'd like to get some angels with out having to rehome my tiger barbs.

I wouldn't house them together. Barbs are infamous for nipping fins, and angel CAN NOT take fin nipping. They can be housed with tons of different fish, just depends on your tank size and preference.

Lots of people here have angels, myself included. I can tell you for a fact though that angel can't live with tiger barbs. Tiger barbs are little aquatic demons that tend to nip anything with long flowy fins. Also what size of tank are we talking about?

Angels are fairly easy to care for and tend to eat most prepared food. They can be aggressive so it's best to keep one in a 30g. 30g is also the smallest I would go because there fins get pretty high standing

I can atest to tge fact that i have 6 angels and 3 fully grown green tigers and never had an issue with nipping. It all depends on the size of your fish. I always get little barbs and put them with my angels when i did it.

Back
Top Bottom