frog spawn bleaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i got a medium size frogspawn a few weeks ago for 25 bucks, it was perfect. It looks bleached now and more transparent, but its grown like 3x the size in this short amount of time

am i able to spot feed it? i think its fine because it hasnt gotten worse, and the tentacles are huge n longer than when i first got it, but i thought it looked much better before the bleaching because the green was almost neon green. Now its a light grass color green

i only have t5's, but i have a 12 inch height and its towards the top er medium

that was my original plan but i cant get the frogspawn to go anywhere because of the way his stem is

basically its like a short stem and a huge frogspawn, making it hard to balance any where. I literally sandwhiched it between 2 rocks, i like the spot too, although i would prefer it to be in the sand

also, i cant really have any corals in the sand because i have lots of sand sifters

Try spot feeding a bit, if all parameters are good it would have to be lighting as the base of your problem, what lights are you running?

If it is not showing signs of tissue receding and is bleaching then probably too much light. Based on you description however it sounds like you don't have enough blue light(~440-460nm). That could cause the coral to be less green.

A couple indicators of not enough light are colours going more muted and brown and extended tentacles. My frogspawn about 14-16" below 4xT5 has nice colour but the heads on the lower part have much longer tentacles than the head on the top. That is so they can gather more light.

Back
Top Bottom