frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey rats how u doing I wanted to ask a question now that Fredde has a home he looks kind of blah !! Alls he does is sit in the water bowl I DONT know if something is wrong but he eats 2 to 3 crickets a day I DONT know if its too hot too cold I just DONT no CONFUSED he is in corner of pic in bowl I hope I'm doing everything rite

ForumRunner_20130830_135703.jpg

mama I have a problem with the mites in my tank . I plan on doing tank tomorrow but I DONT want to put that dirt in there I'm going half and half this time so I need a subtrat that he can dig in at nite
thanks mama
hope u had nice holiday

mama they are tiny white look like dandruff. they are in the dirt DONT fly they seem to multiply in wet dirt now my frog is still DONT move at all during the day at nite 7-8pm he makes a lot of noise (calls) goes for a swim til 5am gets out eats bury himself in the dirt in his house
do the crickets eat them
did they come from the crickets
I never put anything from outside in there only store bought food
thanks mama

The frog is nocturnal, he is only awake during the night. That's normal for a frog. If these mites are not biting, or on the frog, only in the dirt, they are not a problem. They might be baby crickets. A lot of small bugs are actually good for a frog tank, as they help keep the dirt clean.

mama I have a guestion for the leopard frog needs dirt to burrow in what else can I use besides dirt
frogge was covered this morning w little white bugs
so today I'm changing tankb to more water then dirt
anybody have any suggestions before they k**l FROGGE

it looked like crawling salt this morning I'm afraid I'm going to wake up the same way

I don't know what you are using now, but you should buy Eco earth. It looks like dirt, but it is actually coconut husk ground up. You can buy it in a bag or a brick which you soak and expand. When you clean the tank, throw out ALL the old dirt. Clean anything else you wish to include in the new tank setup. You can put froggy in a smaller tank (with a lid) while you do this.

thats what I use eco brick . the stuff in the tank has bugs
the extra dirt off

mama my frog is in his new place 3 days now he is just in one spot hasn't moved he is eating only because they are walking rite into him.I put a bigger deeper pool WHAT SHOULD I DO?

What kind of frog is it. What size tank is it in. Are you treating water and changing every other day. Do yo dust your crickets. What's the temperature at high grounds and low grounds. Do you handle him often.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

frogge is doing fantastic moving to 20 long this WK I'm going to try more water in this one

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom