Fry food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brillow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I see a lot of articles online about feeding fry (specifically zebrafish fry) and I see a lot of talk about "infusoria tablets." Where do you get these? My LFS does not have them and I cannot find any online.

Can someone point me?

Welcome to AA!

I haven't heard of infusoria tablets, but many people start infusoria cultures to feed their fry.

I currently have my fry feeding on this product from JBL.

JBL v2.0

So at the moment Im feeding them from the 1st stage of food, though I do add my homemade brineshrimp as an alternative.

Another thing you can do for small fry is take the yolk from the egg, wrap it in a rag, and lightly swish it around in the water.

I am new, and seem to be more confused by the conflicting opinions floating around everywhere, but here is what I have been doing:

Egg Yolk: Hard boil an egg. Take the yolk and put it in a ziplock bag, adding just enough water to make a paste.

Fish Flakes: put your fish flakes in a ziplock bag and crush into a fine powder, as fine as you can make it.

Hikari First Bites: Bought at the fish store.

TO FEED ANY OF THESE: take a toothpick and dip in the mixture. One dip is all I used for about 18 fry. I used the egg and crushed flakes for about the first 3 days or so, worked OK. I really like the First Bites food because it seems to float a little longer giving the little guys time to snatch it up.

Good Luck!!

We raise our firemouths on hikari first bites for about the first month then to frozen baby brine shrimp or frozen daphnia then move them up to bigger foods as they grow.

Back
Top Bottom