Fungus... Whats the best treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishygurl

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few days ago there was a whitish patch n one of my cories... I thought it was just that the was scraped off of... But now it has wooly stuff on it. Ill fill out all the questions later to elieminate the cause, but right now i need to now what to get so my dad can get it on the way home... Also, should i quarintine? It would take a while to get the qt set up becasue it still has water in it from the last fish and i would nead to run bleach through it then rinse it becasue the last fish had internal parisites. The fish is still eating and show no other signs of sickness.

You can try pimafix for starters. If it isn't strong enough you could try some Maracyn. It's always better to QT if possible.

Ok, this morning i cant find the fish. I assume its dead so ill do a body search later, but everything I've heard tells me 3 days with a small amount of fungus that appeared to be getting better shouldnt have killed an otherwise healthy fish! Right? I was treating with fdix and i did a 50 % pwc everyday since i know that fungus is often casued by poor water conditions. I dont know how they were poor but i apparently they were. Is ther a reason why some fish totally covered in fungus pull through easily but i cant save this one with only a tiny bit. I am a failure at treating fish i swear. Everytime i treat something that has worked fine for others it does absoulutely nothing. Could this have something to do with water conditions?

Depends where the fungus is. If it's gotten into the gills, even if the fish has a small amount on it's body, it will die much quicker. I'd probably also treat the tank for fungus, if he is dead somewhere. That way no other fish end up with it.

Just treat the tank with Pimafix, that way you can keep the other fish in there and it won't affect your biofilter.

I already was treating with pima fix but i will continue. THe fungus was just above its eye no where near its gills. Its possible mny dad found it dead this morning took it out and didnt get a chance to tell me. Ill keep searching.

EDIT: OK, I found the fish, but the infected patch is getting worse not better. I need a stronger treatment. But is there a stronger treatment that wont hurt scaleless fish? Im getting the quarintine ready now.

Back
Top Bottom