FW 55G Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hornpipe2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
55G, 2 year old NO fluorescent tubes, cheapy HOB filter and heater. Two port air pump feeding some bubble wands. Fake decorations, coated pea gravel substrate, Java Ferns.

My wife and I bought this as our second tank, and it takes up a nice space right in the entrance to our house. Originally it housed fish and the decorations here, but we figured we'd try a few plants before we actually knew what we were doing. These Java Ferns are the only things that have thrived thanks to the very weak lighting.

Current inhabitants are one Leopard Catfish (at least I think that's the name), four Neon Tetra, an orange male Swordtail, and three Clown Loaches who spend all day wedged in the top part of the center cave.

We've had this setup for nearly two years and I'm ready to take it to the next level. Hoping to do some nice stuff with slate, a variety of low-light plants, perhaps fitting two bulbs in each hood instead of one, and re-stocking the aquarium. Aside from regular cleanings we really have not had time to do much with it in the past few months.

Attached are a few shots - the full tank, a clown loach on one of the rare occasions when he's out, and an orange dwarf platy who sadly went on to The Big Stream in the Sky last week.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image5-1.jpg
    image5-1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF0069.jpg
    DSCF0069.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 82
We had Glofish for a while, which I understand are some genetically-modified zebra danios. I am sure we'll add some more as they brought a very unique color to the tank.

Very nice looking tank. You have many many options for fish for that tank. The best most fun part is picking which ones.

Back
Top Bottom