GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked for large rocks in one order, smaller ones for another and one other time I just needed regular average rock with some rubble. :)

I'm not getting your question about the ro/di unit...lol

Did you get the sink adaptor or another adaptor? The sink one you will most likely have to take off the sink's little screen piece and then screw in the ro/di adaptor.

carey said:
I've asked for large rocks in one order, smaller ones for another and one other time I just needed regular average rock with some rubble. :)

I'm not getting your question about the ro/di unit...lol

Did you get the sink adaptor or another adaptor? The sink one you will most likely have to take off the sink's little screen piece and then screw in the ro/di adaptor.

Oh i get it..is there any way i could ask for longer rocks?

Ill mess with it a bit more, but whats happening is that our faucet it the exact same size as the end of the tube thing that is supposed to connect to the sink. It wont screw in or around it, they match up perfectly.

We just went to a hardware store and the guy said that he didnt have the piece, and we would need to take the faucet tip and rodi piece to a different store...

Wev gone to 2 hardware stores and nobody has any idea about it whatsoever. Ok. Should we ask the company?

Anyone with this rodi unit, how dod you connect it to the faucet??

Ask for light diffuser. It's in the lighting section. If they only have big sheets, buy it. I used it for everything lol. It Should be 1inch holes i think. Don't buy the really flimsy stuff that is like 1cm holes.

needmorecowbell said:
Ask for light diffuser. It's in the lighting section. If they only have big sheets, buy it. I used it for everything lol. It Should be 1inch holes i think. Don't buy the really flimsy stuff that is like 1cm holes.

Light diffuser? Whats that and whats it do?

Lol no, weren't you saying how the people at home depot have no idea what your talking about? That's what they call egg crate.

needmorecowbell said:
Lol no, weren't you saying how the people at home depot have no idea what your talking about? That's what they call egg crate.

Ohh i was asking about an adapter in lowes, not egg crate

I will tell you about mine. When I unscrewed the faucet screen pack I couldn't hook mine either. The adapter they give you is two separate pieces. Unscrew the two and use only the piece with the hose inlet to screw onto the faucet. Try to use o-ring in it as well, but if it doesn't fit, try without. Once connected turn your water to cold and slowly turn it up.

TLTGF said:
I will tell you about mine. When I unscrewed the faucet screen pack I couldn't hook mine either. The adapter they give you is two separate pieces. Unscrew the two and use only the piece with the hose inlet to screw onto the faucet. Try to use o-ring in it as well, but if it doesn't fit, try without. Once connected turn your water to cold and slowly turn it up.

Thanks, we tried this earlier and it still wouldnt fit. They are the same sizes. If i emailed the company, think i could get new and bigger adaptors?

So yours won't fit inside the faucet, or outside? Yikes! I would email them. Good luck!

TLTGF said:
So yours won't fit inside the faucet, or outside? Yikes! I would email them. Good luck!

Exactly, it is The exact same as my faucet. Yikes it is!! I emailed them.

K guys, so can i fill up my tank with tap water and add salt to mix it that way? It that bad? And then i could go check out rock tomorrow?

Hello everyone! We ordered the
Baserock last night!! We did 35lbs from reefcleaners. Cost 80$, but then 75$ because my mother found a coupon on the site. THEN, it cost 55$ because she said that she'd take off 20 because she didnt have to drive all the way to LA. (we were going to buy LR there)

Score!!!

Congratulations! Trust me, you'll be very happy with your purchase. It might look like a train hit it, but the rock is great.

needmorecowbell said:
Congratulations! Trust me, you'll be very happy with your purchase. It might look like a train hit it, but the rock is great.

Haha awesome, i just dont want alot of large circular rocks..i want cooler shapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom