GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gboy66 said:
Oh and there would be less problems?

I was thinking a helfrichi firefish would be cool too, olny problem is that we have alot of space for jumpers

There would since they are of the same type but the also look better IMO

I am still wondering about the question above..i think i might just get 1. More variety and choices.

Also, i mailed api $2 yesterday, so my test cards should be here soon!

And about the rocks..i am hoping by some fluke thing that they come tomorrow..not friday lol:)

Gboy66 said:
I am still wondering about the question above..i think i might just get 1. More variety and choices.

Also, i mailed api $2 yesterday, so my test cards should be here soon!

And about the rocks..i am hoping by some fluke thing that they come tomorrow..not friday lol:)

Question for ya, where did you order your rocks?

00youknowit00 said:
Question for ya, where did you order your rocks?

Reefcleaners sir! Great deal and free shipping. Just order soon, it takes awhile:)

KAhner said:
I think they r uglier. When their older they look like grumpy old men.

Lol that's with all clowns. My Occelaris look like they are frowning all the time. And they're 3yrs old.

Ibrahim said:
Lol that's with all clowns. My Occelaris look like they are frowning all the time. And they're 3yrs old.

Hahah frowning?? Hahah i love it. So funny

Ibrahim said:
Lol snapped a pic of his face too

Haha oh my that is great. And thats an occ. Too right? Oh man i guess eventually clowns become wrinkley or grumpy..but either way, i lilethe look of the true percs a little bit more

Hey guys im not too sure about the cycling. Should i do the shrimp method? Or should my live rock do the trick?

Also, the live rock that i was going to buy just a little bit of is really cool, and has mushrooms and some xenia on it. Will those die during the cycling process? :(

Alot depends on how much live rock you get. I just moved about 70lbs of LR and added 50lbs or so of base rock and I have fish in mine already.
:)

carey said:
Alot depends on how much live rock you get. I just moved about 70lbs of LR and added 50lbs or so of base rock and I have fish in mine already.
:)

Really? What if i only did about 5 or 10 lbs? Should i still add the shrimp?

Any ideas if the coral would die?

I think if you are only adding that much then you should either do the shrimp or the ammonia cycling.

The corals may or may not make it through the cycle, mine did though so it's a pretty good chance.

It also depends on how high the ammonia and nitrites get while you cycle. If you dose with ammonia and only dose to say 2ppm then you might have a softer cycle on the corals. BUT then you also don't have a super strong bacteria colony.

If it were me, I;d just cycle and hope for the best. :-D

carey said:
I think if you are only adding that much then you should either do the shrimp or the ammonia cycling.

The corals may or may not make it through the cycle, mine did though so it's a pretty good chance.

It also depends on how high the ammonia and nitrites get while you cycle. If you dose with ammonia and only dose to say 2ppm then you might have a softer cycle on the corals. BUT then you also don't have a super strong bacteria colony.

If it were me, I;d just cycle and hope for the best. :-D

Thank you! Ill probably buy the nice piece and yes, hope lol! I think ill do shrimp too, much easier imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom