Getting rid of Apsatia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbumin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a few patches of apstasia that dont want to go away!! I have been slowly dosing them with lemon juice and its just not getting it. unfortunalty i cant remove the rock because it has a great moonrock on it and the apsatia is curled under the bottom of the rock so I cant pull it out. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

kalk paste in a veterinary syringe has worked wonders for me. I really like peppermints but my big CBS shrimp is a foot across at the feelers and I'm worried about the lil peppermints in there with that big guy.

Mix pickling lime and water to a nice thick consistency and suck it up with your syringe, most times the aiptasia are stoopid enough to take it in like food if you squirt a little bit their way, when they start taking it in, then ram the syringe into the body of the creature and when they retract just cement in their hole with some kalk paste.

Oh the brutality LOL

I got a Copper banded Butterfly and it completly ate all my aiptasia but it also went after my feather dusters and some other corals (yes I returned it.)

mine ate my feather dusters as well......I just dont like buying things to remove one item...then what do you do with it?

thanks for the help guys. I had a pedersons shrimp and was afraid of maxing them but he sadly passed and now I ready for another!! Once again thanks for the help :!: :!:

Hara said:
i had some difficult aiptasia in some places hard to kill, like on my clams...
I tried a new product last week and am thrilled with it.
www.joesjuice.com
He has a forum on my site if you want to ask him anything.
http://coralclub.org/viewforum.php?f=34&sid=b9c580f46237d639e536bc8009aff398

hth
Well for $17.00 US including the shipping, I think it's worth the risk considering most of the alternatives. Ordered some last night... :wink:

Pepps are indeed hit and miss but I do find the smaller they are the more apt the shrimp is to do the job. I have used them in tanks with pretty good success but if they leave even one, the problem never goes away.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom