Giant danio breeding help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james01225

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi, could anyone please help me i am trying to breed my giant danio i have 6 in a 120ltr tank.
i need to know:
what temperature they breed at
what age they breed at
if they breed with other species in the tank
and just how to make them breed

just basic questions because i have looked all over the web and cannot find any help thanks.

Well the one guy at danios.info is a grandfather, the other is his son so I would think about 45 and maybe 70.

OOOOooooohhh!!!!
Good question.
I would think when they get to be about an inch and a half long, I dunno, six months??

What do you think Deb?

thanks for the help. I have noticed that one of my danios is quite fat and it keeps going up to a atifishal plant i have and sitting on it for a while and it keeps brushing itself against it it that a sign that it might lay eggs i am not sure ?

I bred zebra danios, just layer the bottom of the tank in marbels or java moss, and according to the third website provided above by "james" they are ready to breed at 2.8inches, pretty simple, the hardest part is feeding i found and keeping the fry alive

you might have to get up early in the morning to see them drop their eggs... danios tend to do that early. The other danios will probably be chasing the egg dropper, eating the eggs, unless you use a fine net to grab a few, or try the marble thing, and scoop them up later.

Back
Top Bottom