Gill flukes or TB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FarS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I lost two mollys for the past two weeks. They were about 3.5 inches long preatty adult-fish. I can't find anything on their body so its definatly not an inch and not a fungus. After my first molly dead I did 30% water change than i noticed that my red molly having the same behavior. So after 4 days my red molly gone. Both of those molly had something simular to pop eye desease, their eyes was poped. .. I have changed 50% of water cuz i thought the water might be toxic. Right now i'm watching my white molly doing badly and he is sitting on the bottom all the time. the only thing I found is a lightly red spot where the gill is(from both sides). My aquarium is fully Cycling I check ammonia NH3 NH4 two times a week and the water seems extreamly clean. I made a video of how he behave right now YouTube - P1010530.avi I think its flukes due to red spots on gills or TB due to pop eyes. I need a rly good advise from an expert. Any help would be apresiative.

at this point I would transfer the fish to a QT if you have one. If it's some kind of bacterial infection or parasites, it's hiding in your gravel...so water changes can only do so much...the fish would do better in all new fresh water ... make sure it's the same temperature as the water in the tank if you do end up transferring the fish.

Well he is in QT right now i treat him with a little saltmix.

Back
Top Bottom