Glass worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mosquito larvae?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dunno what they are really. Just see through and move like worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I feed them, my fish love em

They won't hatch and eat me at night? How can I convince them to eat my gf first?

Pour some honey on her and head to the bar;)

Nice recovery post.
They will eventually mature, pupate, and emerge as some type of flying insect. Just not sure which type. I would not worry about it.
You can always feed them to your fish.

I know exactly what they are, saw them in a book yesterday just can't remember what it said. They are good food tho. I'll get back To u

Sent from Luca via magic

Nice recovery post.
They will eventually mature, pupate, and emerge as some type of flying insect. Just not sure which type. I would not worry about it.
You can always feed them to your fish.

And we're back in the game! Thanks

There is a mosquito larva, the larva glass. Corethra plumlcornis. Overwinters as larvae in deep water. In the spring they pupate. Then she looks like a seahorse. When it gets warmer then, the mosquitoes hatch. Not stinging. The eggs look like a tube of jelly (glassy).
It's a good, durable live food. But smaller fish have difficulties because of the size

There is a mosquito larva, the larva glass. Corethra plumlcornis. Overwinters as larvae in deep water. In the spring they pupate. Then she looks like a seahorse. When it gets warmer then, the mosquitoes hatch. Not stinging. The eggs look like a tube of jelly (glassy).
It's a good, durable live food. But smaller fish have difficulties because of the size

Excellent thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom