gnats egg infestation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winston1994

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can anyone identify and how do i get rid of these flies, gnats or what ever they are?

is there a type of fish that would eat these things up?

i cleaned everything an smashed a allot of eggs but still come back with vengeance...

don't have picture of the flies them self there to small but attached is the eggs...

thanks...mike

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 82
You could wipe them off and put a tight lid on the tank so they can't get back in.

If you have mystery snails they lay eggs at the surface.

Caleb

Mystery snail eggs don't look like that all. The water level is a little low so mate fill it up to the top and possibly dose some excel to see if that kills the eggs when they are touched by the water.

yeah i have mystery snails before an there egg's are big clump an they like to lay there eggs above the water an on the lid sometimes... these eggs some are below an some above water line ...

Do you have any netrite snails in your tank , they lay eggs like that. You can try putting a small bowl of apple cider vinegar near the tank. If they are fruit flies they will be attracted to it and drown them selves in the apple cider vinegar. Alison

no nitrite snails in tank... i do have some cider at home i can try... but they do not seem to be flying outside of tank... im going to see i can get better camera an get close up shot of them...

Mystery snail eggs don't look like that all. The water level is a little low so mate fill it up to the top and possibly dose some excel to see if that kills the eggs when they are touched by the water.
i did find some of that seachem excel... looks like its for plant growth.... so i guess the theory is the iron in it might kill the eggs/bugs? like copper does to snails...

Back
Top Bottom