Goldfish Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I had like 11 fishes and 10 of them died because I dosed the tank with ick treatment by ACCIDENT. So the goldfish I have left had a bit of fin rot and a kinda eye skin rot, (the eye covering is white ish) and it was kinda sick, I cleaned the water many times. Then I added sat and the fish got a bit better and the fin stopped rotting but the fish covering is still white ish. LATER it started swimming more, picking up rocks and spitting it out, Mostly staying near the bottom and the back of the tank. When I want to feed it, it wouldnt eat any of the food, When Im watching. Whats wrong, I had this fish for about 4-6 weeks now.

Hi! Just a few questions first.

Tank size?
What fish did you have?
Do you test your water?
If you do what were the parameters?
Temperature?
How long has the tank been set up?
Was your tank cycled?
How often do you change water?
Do you gravel vac? How often?
Anything else in the tank (decor, etc)?

These will help us quite a bit. :)

Oh no! I'm very sorry for your losses! I have had 2 goldfish and one had dropsy and another one died

Hi! Just a few questions first.

Tank size?
What fish did you have?
Do you test your water?
If you do what were the parameters?
Temperature?
How long has the tank been set up?
Was your tank cycled?
How often do you change water?
Do you gravel vac? How often?
Anything else in the tank (decor, etc)?

These will help us quite a bit. :)

Sowwy

Tank size? 20G
What fish did you have? Comet Goldfish
Do you test your water? Yes
If you do what were the parameters? No
Temperature? Around Room Temp
How long has the tank been set up? 4-6 Weeks
Was your tank cycled? Yes
How often do you change water? Yesterday Yesterday Changed it twice, about once a week.
Do you gravel vac? How often? Every time I change the water.
Anything else in the tank (decor, etc)? Rocks and a sea shell

Oh no! I'm very sorry for your losses! I have had 2 goldfish and one had dropsy and another one died

Yeah I know, Im kinda sad about the one I have right now... Lost all its friends..

Yeah I know what it feels like here is a photo of my two best goldfish that are in heaven now

image-2311185470.jpg

It's not a very good pic but anyway

Could you please take a pic of your goldfish and ill have a look because I've had a lot of goldfish problems thanks

Is this your first tank?

HERE ya go. Cant really see the problem tho...

6xvygm.jpg

I think your main issue here is 11 common goldfish in an uncycled 20g. The fish in your pic is a common, not a comet. They easily grow over 12in, produce a ton of ammonia and really are only suitable to pond environments unless you have a huge indoor tank.

You need a good liquid test kit such as the API fw master test kit and a bottle of Prime. Test your water daily and do wcs anytime your ammonia/nitrite hit .25ppm or higher. This may mean multiple daily wcs. Very short term, you can house this single fish in this size tank but you will need to make plans now for either a much bigger tank or to rehome him to happy pond. Or return him and stock your tank with appropriate fish for this size tank. please ask if you have questions!

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

I think your main issue here is 11 common goldfish in an uncycled 20g. The fish in your pic is a common, not a comet. They easily grow over 12in, produce a ton of ammonia and really are only suitable to pond environments unless you have a huge indoor tank.

You need a good liquid test kit such as the API fw master test kit and a bottle of Prime. Test your water daily and do wcs anytime your ammonia/nitrite hit .25ppm or higher. This may mean multiple daily wcs. Very short term, you can house this single fish in this size tank but you will need to make plans now for either a much bigger tank or to rehome him to happy pond. Or return him and stock your tank with appropriate fish for this size tank. please ask if you have questions!

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

It has been cycled already just that my ph levels are really low.

Cycled how? Did you add an ammonia source daily for 6-8wks before adding fish? What are your numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph right now? What are you are you using to test- liquid or strips?

Cycled how? Did you add an ammonia source daily for 6-8wks before adding fish? What are your numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph right now? What are you are you using to test- liquid or strips?

I used fish. My Ammonia is 0 My Nitrite is 0 My Nitrate is 5.0 and my ph is 6
Liquid

Back
Top Bottom