Goldfish with popeye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've already done a 75% change and she's looking pretty perky ?
No idea as to what caused it. Not overstocked (3 fancies in 55g), I do regular water changes and nitrates under 20ppm at all times and feed them veges daily.
The only change is that I (stupidly) put some ornaments with sharp points into the tank (they were from my Secret Santa and I felt like I should use them). I wouldn't have thought it was from an injury though, as both eyes were affected. Needless to say, I have since removed the ornaments.

JLK I couldn't reply to your message as my computer is in for repairs and I can't empty my inbox.

The best I can describe with her left eye is that it is cloudy with small, thick bubbles over the membrane of the eye. The right eye is almost completely clear now but still looks like a blister but is getting smaller. I'll try to get some decent photos and post when I can.
She is still active and eating and swimming well :)

So glad to hear she is perky :)

Could have been the ornaments. My goldfish scraped off some scales - I removed the offending items (think they just got too big to swim through the decs!).

Hope she continues to improve :)

Thanks for the update! One eye clearing up is great news! I am not sure what is going on with the other but when your computer is back in order, a pic would be helpful. Keep us posted with any concerns or changes! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom