Good Filter Opinions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jCurve

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

So I finally got my 280 litre tank and I'm cycling. Now the tank is a Cleair and came with all the bits built in but I've got to say it's the worlds nastiest filter set up. It's an over head filter sort of like a revers sump situation. Pump sucks water up into a spray bar that trickles water through the media and back into the tank. Problem is it's noisy. Particularly the pump. I can reduce the noise if I increase the flow into the tank but the fish aren't going to be happy about the current the pump generates when I finally put them in.

So I either need recommendations on good submersible pumps or i gues I could look into a canister though I've never used one before. What do yo think the most efficient way to filter a 280 litre tank is?

J

I have a Fluval U4 and love it. It is super quiet and does an awesome job. It has three stages of filtration, three different outputs and three different levels of output. You can have it come out the top, bottom or a long bar along the middle for gentle current. The filter cartridges are easy to remove and you just open them to change or swish the media. I got it off amazon for about $50. Lots of videos on YouTube about it.

jCurve said:
Hey all,

So I either need recommendations on good submersible pumps or i gues I could look into a canister though I've never used one before. What do yo think the most efficient way to filter a 280 litre tank is?

J

If you need to use an internal filter check the Eheim Biopower 240, quiet and great media and versatile for a internal. The fluval u4 is also good but I swapped it out for the biopower 240 I preferred the flexibility with the media compared to the fluval.

Worth noting both these internals are only rated for 240 litres so two would be required unless you go for an external

Back
Top Bottom