Gravel or Sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hcourts said:
Now do you have to clean the pool filter sand too??

Yes. Even previously cleaned sand. I fixed the leak put the "live" ie old bacteria having sand back in after finding and fixing the leak and poof cloudy water waiting on a few hours for the whisper 60 to get through it all...if I had been less impatient and more intelligent I would have washed it again. But as the old saying goes ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Cool good luck!! Post some pics when your done! I think ill post some today of the tank I just setup with sand

Cool!! Can't wait to see them!! I am alittle nervous to see how it turns out with sand but everyone's tanks with it so far have been pretty awsome!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 63
Yeah this is my old tank with white sand I am now doing black! The small one is my sister's tank

ForumRunner_20120627_104446.jpg

ForumRunner_20120627_104517.jpg

It looks awesome and way more natural! What fish do you have in it??

Right now I have 1 dwarf gourami, a pair of German Blue Rams, and a half dozen bleeding heart tetras. But, I would love to change over to discus, but being retired living on social security there no way I can do that, just have to enjoy the pictures of them on google.

My tank! Once it is done cycling I will add more plants and rearrange the rocks. This is just temporary, Ill post more pics when its done being setup.

ForumRunner_20120629_224829.jpg

All the pics of tanks using sand look awesome! I just bought 40lbs of play sand at Home Depot for less than $4. I also wanted black but I'll live and I will remember the blasting sand for the next aquarium. Thanks for the helpful ideas everyone! I'm glad I joined!

Yeah all my plants are in my 45 gallon tank with my fish. The tank is still cycling

Can you put filter media from old tank into new tank to help speed up the cycle? Also I heard of people taking gravel from old tank and putting it into a bag to hang inside the new tank.

Back
Top Bottom