Gravel or Sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just order 100 pounds of the black sand from PETCO! Only cost me $75!

I will! ;) but I'm still in the process of cleaning so maybe ill have the sand in it on Thursday or Friday

Tanks is up and running but the water is still a little bit cloudy. I will post pics in about one week!

Black blasting sand is sold at tractor supply company. You can also find colored sand from industrial supply warehouses, just takes some looking around. I found 3m colorquartz/estes sand in black and a myriad of other colors at around $25 per 50lb bag.

The black beauty blasting slag stuff is like 5 bucks or so for a 50lb bag, I have not used it personally though.

jetajockey said:
Black blasting sand is sold at tractor supply company. You can also find colored sand from industrial supply warehouses, just takes some looking around. I found 3m colorquartz/estes sand in black and a myriad of other colors at around $25 per 50lb bag.

The black beauty blasting slag stuff is like 5 bucks or so for a 50lb bag, I have not used it personally though.

Dang it!!! Now you post that info! I just filled my 20 with pool filter sand (natural in color) I WANTED black.

Lonestarbandit said:
Dang it!!! Now you post that info! I just filled my 20 with pool filter sand (natural in color) I WANTED black.

You coulda asked me I would have told you. Haha jk. But blasting sand is awesome.

jetajockey said:
I put mineralized soil with a 2" cap of oil-dri in my 120 for less than $10.

Ya the blasting sand was about $16.00 so not too bad. But for me bigger tanks mean bigger stuff:)

Help the uninitiated. Where does one find this black blasting sand? Is this the tractor supply or? Also low cost white sand?

Low cost white sand-pool filter sand at home depot black blasting sand only at tractor supply Co

Back
Top Bottom