Green Bubbleish waxy and wierd please ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
This may be bubble algae? but I have had bits of bubble algae before and seen some of other peoples bubble algae and it never looked this cartoonish and shiny. Is this what it is??
img_904651_0_5c294036aa04a454dd887e9ff1a162e8.jpg

This is really the only spot I have expect like 3 bubbles in another location I would assume leave it alone because popping it would spread the problem. Melosu58 I read most of that link kinda skimmed over it thank you. It appears there isn't much I can do. some suggestions were to pop with a flathead screwdriver. Or buy a herbivore my tank is small so maybe an Urchin would be my best bet I have been wanting a black spined urchin for my tank anyway. Perhaps I will search for one.

OH OK I see. I still think you could lightly get some of it up. Your corals should be OK.

Yeah... it does... but if you do it when you have a siphon hose right over it you can suck the stuff out right then and there. I don't think bubble algae really ever stays in just one place. If you don't do anything with it, eventually the bubble will get bigger and pop on its own. I left mine alone for the longest time thinking it would go away. Nope.

I've had that green kind grow in some hard to get areas and it grew pretty slowly. Once it started to get out of hand I just (very carefully) broke away some of the bubbles and none ever popped. They grow kinda into a mass that you can almost peel away overt time (or atleast mine did).

But if you do want to pop, yeah follow the siphon idea.

Good luck :)

Ehh, they are hit or miss. I think I went through about 3 or 4 of them before I got one to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom