Green terror HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it doesn't matter what size . If get him as a baby, he will just stop growing. He is not going to out grow his tank. He will just stop growing . Sure, my dad had a arowana in a 55 gallon. It got big. And guess what? It never grew out the tank. It just stopped growing.

Stop telling me my sources are wrong. Cuz u never know it could be done. But it wud never keep growing in the tank.

Your right in a sense. There body size will decrease and they will become stunted. Their organs on the other hand will keep growing which is why many large fish kept in small tanks start to become slightly deformed. This is a long painful death but I'm not here to make you do anything so if you take the advice that's great but it will be upon you to decide whether its worth looking further into the matter.

Nonoooo . I never said I was going to get one. I'm not that stupid ! I just didn't like it that they said my sources are wrong. Cuz it has been done but it never becomes successful.

Just because something's has been done dose not make it right

How would it make u feel if u were in a tiny room and couldnt grow. And such a beautiful expensive fish that cant get its true potential. Even if ur own father did that that doesnt mean its right. And 12 aggresive fish in a 30 gallon isnt right. Its just inhumain

BozziniINC said:
How would it make u feel if u were in a tiny room and couldnt grow. And such a beautiful expensive fish that cant get its true potential. Even if ur own father did that that doesnt mean its right. And 12 aggresive fish in a 30 gallon isnt right. Its just inhumain

Not only crazy but way over stocked I had 6 semi aggressive cichlids in a 75 and reminded them to a 220 because I though it was to small

You are seriously overstocked. Listen to what people are telling you on here. If you can only have a 30 gallon tank then look into getting some dwarf cichlids you could have three or four in there. But really you need to re home all those fish you have or they will die or kill each other.

Look, you AND your fish will be much happier when you get a bigger tank and rehome a lot of them. You will have prettier fish and will have a chance to see their personalities. I would choose a few of the fish you like, maybe two or three of all one continental grouping, and get an appropriate tank. Right now I would do one hundred percent WCs daily.

Grossly over stocked. AA is filled with a bunch of the nicer FK community that will give advice on how to correct the issues of people who post.

Now.. This will sound harsh. I'm trying to say this as nicely as possible. Stop listening to your father and do the research yourself.

If in any way you think having potentially 10 feet of fish in a 30g tank. Fact is you shouldn't be keeping them and acting like you want help.

In no way shape or form should a aro be kept in anything shy of 250g, unless it's a jardini then you still need 180 bare min.

You could do cons in that 30, or fire mouths. But it would have to be 1 pair on the smaller side, unless dwarf or Shelly.

None of them Africans should be kept in a 30 besides to grow out. Same with the GT.

Again, sorry for the bluntness of my advice. But let's be realistic. You came here for help, this is the only way I see I can advise you seeing how "your source" is your father. (no disrespect).

Good luck. I hope ya do what's best for your fish.

HUKIT said:
That doesn't leave a lot of water for the fish does it?

Buckets. And more buckets. Lol. Or the OP could do multiple large PWCs daily... Or tons of little ones.

I know that , but I can't do anything now. I didn't even want that many my dad only bought that many cuz my brother and sister wanted them. And yep I guess your right and it's already string to happen. I had 1 snow white die and my other orange one can't swim correctly. It's like left and right leaning and upside down. But, I don't have the space to get a 200 gallon tank. So like the ones that are going to last will be probably my jack Dempsey, convict and silver dollar. I had the silver dollar for 1 yer already. Eventually the rest will die and I don't have a plan B. and you didn't offend me . My dad is only human. He wasnt a huge fish expert. And yes, I did research before we got the chiclids. And it only said like 3 fish. I wanted the jack Dempsey a red devil and a green terror. I only wanted those 3. And I think they are the same continent . South America ? Basically, tere is nothing I can do.

I know that , but I can't do anything now. I didn't even want that many my dad only bought that many cuz my brother and sister wanted them. And yep I guess your right and it's already string to happen. I had 1 snow white die and my other orange one can't swim correctly. It's like left and right leaning and upside down. But, I don't have the space to get a 200 gallon tank. So like the ones that are going to last will be probably my jack Dempsey, convict and silver dollar. I had the silver dollar for 1 yer already. Eventually the rest will die and I don't have a plan B. and you didn't offend me . My dad is only human. He wasnt a huge fish expert. And yes, I did research before we got the chiclids. And it only said like 3 fish. I wanted the jack Dempsey a red devil and a green terror. I only wanted those 3. And I think they are the same continent . South America ? Basically, tere is nothing I can do.

there is something you can do take the fish that you don't want to your local fish store, call first and ask but they should be able to help you or point you to a store that can help

goodluck sad to hear the fish are dying :(, but not unexpected

Exteremecheddar123 said:

You can donate them to petco or put them on Craig's list for free to a good home. At least that would be better than letting them die a slow painful deaths

Yep. I had another death this morning. The green terror has lasted a week! He still doesn't look good. The only active ones are my yellow labs, johanni, whatever name the orange chiclids are called, my silver dollar, jack Dempsey and convict. I have a question. My jack Dempsey and convict they were all dark and their gills were all like out-ish and flaring. Then the just like latched on to each other. It looked like they were kissing! What are they doing ? Is it normal? Or are they displaying some sickness or something.

Lip locking. It's a battle for territory and a good sign that the weaker of the 2 will probably be bullied to death soon.

Cool. That's just awesome. But they just hold that position and swim untill they just like let go.

I just saw something really freaky, my silver dollar was eating my aurutus. The aurtus was in the silver dollars mouth and my silver dollar bit of his entire tail. Silver dollars aren't aggressive what hepoened to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom