Green Water is GONE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

current516

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanks to all those who helped. My green water is gone!

I bought a Diatom filter that got rid of it temporarily. But the long term fix was dosing Nitrate. Once I got my Nitrate up to 10 the water stayed clear. I had to get it online, LFS thought I was crazy (well... they said they never heard of dosing NO3) for wanting to dose Nitrates. It's been over a month since I've had any green water problems. Thanks AA!!

What is interesting is - I only had to dose the NO3 once? It has stayed at 10 since then. I guess my plants are using the same amount of NO3 that my bioload produces. I keep checking to see if I need to dose, but I think I'm just wasting my tests.

Thanks again.
Nick

rich311k said:
Good to hear. Job well done. So now we need new pictures.

I just took this. It came out pretty good.

Figures. I just got my tank looking decent, and now I'm moving (May31). What am I going to do? Well, that's another post.

Attachments

• 60g_4-4-06_417.jpg
    60g_4-4-06_417.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 36
ya thats a nice tank, i like how you mixed the two elements of the rocks and the plants thats cool and tyhere have bene many pots on how people have moved along with their fish tanks and fish at one time so just post and im sure people will respond

nitrous said:
ya thats a nice tank, i like how you mixed the two elements of the rocks and the plants

Thanks all.

I was trying to do something a little different. So I thought I'd try to make it look a little like a local lake. Obviously, it's not even close to a biotope, but I think I got close visually.

I think the fish I selected go pretty well with the theme. Especially the tiger barbs, zebra loaches, ottos, and pleco. The Rainbows too to a lesser degree.

Back
Top Bottom