Greenturtle's Biocube 29 Build Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you guys :) I saw the Chalk Bass swimming, but when I came closer to the tank it hid under the button polyps.

The Bass looks neon. It is very cool. He/She (chalk bass are hermaphrodites like clownfish i think) is already eating mysis and has established the button polyps rock as its territory.

Attachments

• image-3916770550.jpg
    image-3916770550.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 128
  • image-1724441282.jpg
    image-1724441282.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 130
carey said:
That fish looks incredible! Is that under the blues or is it that purple?

Just the normal 2 36 bulbs (1 white 1 actinic) that come with the Biocube. I would totally recommend him, I think he might be my new favorite fish!

carey said:
Awesome, I'll keep him in mind when i go to stock the upcoming 60g. :)

Another tank??? Lol. Do you rent a room from your fish's apartment? Cause all the threads I've read- you have a TON of tanks

LOL. I only have 6 right now up and running down from 9 so I'm getting to a reasonable amount. After the 60g then it's just upgrading the tanks I have.

you should talk, you just started another too didn't you?

hehe....

Got the B&W Clownfish pair at Richmond Aquariums today!! They're acclimating currently.

Attachments

• image-2055589258.jpg
    image-2055589258.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 126
Thank you! Their colors are fantastic! I was a little worried because they were $50 each, but they are well worth it. They ha a tank to themselves in the LFS. They are showing signs of turning into a mated pair, and one of them is significantly bigger than the other. I am stoked!

I went to the LFS today, and I got a two-head frag of frogspawn for $30 and a pretty large Kenya Tree for $20. The LFS has a TON of Kenya Tree in their grow out tank and thy were on sale :)

Pics when they come out!

The frogspawn is about 1.5 inches when spread out right now, but in the store it was at least 2.5 inches. The Kenya Tree is totally closed up, even though it has Ben in the tank for about 5 hours. I will see what they both look like tomorrow night to judge their health. Here is a pic of the frogspawn (with a bit of clownfish)

Attachments

• image-2116040036.jpg
    image-2116040036.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 131
Both corals opened more today. The frogspawn looks fantastic. The Kenya Tree responded to the light by putting its "arms" out in the water and kept them stiff. I guess it is better than nothing. Hopefully it is just stressed from the last few days and will recuperate nicely.

Back
Top Bottom