Greenturtle's Biocube 29 Build Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It shouldn't delay it and your order will be fine. Saltwaterfish.com is a great site and they always have there stuff packaged perfectly. It'll be inside a Styrofoam box with heat packs. No need to worry. I had a delivery from them that fedex left on the porch in December and everything I had lived.

Everything arrived fine. The torch "frag" I got is at least two stalks (not complaining!) but the Green Tip Toadstool is a bit on the small side. It still looks gorgeous.

The aptasia is gone!!! For the amount of Aptasia X I used on it, there can't be any remnants of an anemone within miles!!!

Attachments

• image-3253640080.jpg
    image-3253640080.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1498552185.jpg
    image-1498552185.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 138
Even though the aptasia is gone, my Pom Pom Xenia looks like it is melting :( I hope it starts to get better soon.

Attachments

• image-2200543662.jpg
    image-2200543662.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 143
Here is a good picture of the 2 new corals next to each other.

Attachments

• image-3170504391.jpg
    image-3170504391.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 118
I have been doing nothing productive lately. I put my torch in a medium flow area and it is just breathtaking.

Do you think the LPS corals are too close together? I don't want chemical warfare...

Attachments

• image-3411023060.jpg
    image-3411023060.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 140
The torch and hammer are fine. Corals of the same family won't sting each other.

x2 I keep a green purple tip frogspawn with an orange frogspawn & both are touching my hammer. no issues, they actually seem to like growing into each other.

I have a torch next to a branching hammer. The branching hammer is next to a frogspawn. Then on the other side of the tank I have two branching hammers surrounding a wall hammer and another wall hammer next to that. All different colors so it makes for a cool effect. Lol. All of the corals are very happy. The only coral of this family that I can't say I have any experience in being in close parameters is the octohammer because I ran out of room and it's in a place by itself.

I know this is sort of off-topic, but something that looks really nasty just appeared in my 90 gallon tank. It's pretty big, do you guys have any ideas on what it could be?

Attachments

• image-2558067417.jpg
    image-2558067417.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 236
I think it's official. My Yellow Watchman Goby in my 29 Gallon died. I haven't seen it in weeks, even during feeding. The clean-up crew must have eaten it before I could find it. My clowns are fighting for dominance (the much smaller one had decided it wants to be female, and has been bullying all the fish) and it must have stressed out the fish too much. At least it was a pretty common and cheap fish, but I really liked him :(

The smaller stalk of my torch coral looks bleached! The lights just went on, which is why I hat saw it. I saw some reddish stuff on it last night, but I didn't think anything of it.

In more positive news, I'm acclimating a new coral! It's really big, and I got it for $45 dollars. That probably $2 a head!

Attachments

• image-1653983906.jpg
    image-1653983906.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 225
That looks like brown jelly. Do a coral dip and scrub the affected head before it spreads to the other

Back
Top Bottom