Greenturtle's MAYBE Nano Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have started out with one if I knew anything about SW when I got my tank. I kept FW for a while, and my dad's friend was moving. Let's just say I took the tank :) He and his wife are both doctors, so we started off with the most expensive equipment money can buy. It was a nice start.

I also keep reptiles, and they are so much cheaper. Without filter/light costs (well, reptiles need UVA/UVB light, but they are much cheaper. $30 for a fixture) they are like pocket money. Keeping a breeding population of meal worms in a garbage can to feed them, not so fun.

I would definitely start with the 125, since you will be upgrading later on eventually. Trust me ;)

My wife loves geckos and wants to get a pair. I'll prolly get er a 40br for the room.

I wont be getting a bigger tank for some time. I have alot of clean up and build up for the house. IM finishing out the basement and making a water/fish room. I'll have the overflows going down to the basement and have a sump and big stock tank for frags. More water volume for the best.

My wife loves geckos and wants to get a pair. I'll prolly get er a 40br for the room.

I wont be getting a bigger tank for some time. I have alot of clean up and build up for the house. IM finishing out the basement and making a water/fish room. I'll have the overflows going down to the basement and have a sump and big stock tank for frags. More water volume for the best.
I would recommed Leopard Geckos in a heartbeat!!! No need for lights as they are nocturnal(ish) and they are so cool! Very cheap set up, and a 40 gallon breeder can have 3 geckos. I have 2 in a 40g right now, but if I find a good looking adult I will get another. I have raised mine since they literally just hatched. Plus, you can hold them, which you can't do with fish :/.

Understandable about the tank size. Moving is stressful enough.

I would recommed Leopard Geckos in a heartbeat!!! No need for lights as they are nocturnal(ish) and they are so cool! Very cheap set up, and a 40 gallon breeder can have 3 geckos. I have 2 in a 40g right now, but if I find a good looking adult I will get another. I have raised mine since they literally just hatched. Plus, you can hold them, which you can't do with fish :/.

Understandable about the tank size. Moving is stressful enough.

Not just the move... but fact I'll be spending a hefty chunk of cash!

Not just the move... but fact I'll be spending a hefty chunk of cash!
That too... It would be considerably more expensive. The MH light is $90 when I will replace it in a few months. Fun. Plus I will already be saving up for the $285 total for the LEDs + dimmer.

How expensive are reef controllers, if you know by chance.

Yeah, I would try to get the iPhone app one. I will be getting an iPhone later this month when my cell contract expires. But it will be free, because my dad is starting a new contract and is keeping his old iPhone, and giving the new one to me as a (late) birthday gift. Pretty awesome.

Yes and no. Having dimmable blue an a seperate dimmable white you can modify the color and how bright it is.

Does one have to modify a color and brightness to benefit the tank or is that just a personal preference?

I think its a personal preference as to the lighting. I have 2 whites at 12k and a purple and a blue actinic on my 55g. :) As long as there is some white light I think youre good

carey said:
I think its a personal preference as to the lighting. I have 2 whites at 12k and a purple and a blue actinic on my 55g. :) As long as there is some white light I think youre good

Thank you Carey!

Can a Maroon Clownfish live in my tank for it's life if I out the B&W clowns from the stocklist? Would it terrorize the other 1-2 inch fishes?

StarKid just announced a North American tour. VIP tickets are available. This puts a dent in my budget...

Ugh. I keep trying to talk myself into a mandarin. I will see if I can get a pod population going. And then I would need to buy an ORA one, just to be safest. We will see.

But I think substituting a chalk bass for a mandarin would be alright :) same colors really.

Greenturtle said:
Ugh. I keep trying to talk myself into a mandarin. I will see if I can get a pod population going. And then I would need to buy an ORA one, just to be safest. We will see.

I would KILL for a mandarin. By far the most beautiful marine fish.

Back
Top Bottom