Greetings from Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saintbrandon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I am preparing my 90 gallon aquarium to be a paradise for some African cichilids. I am currently in the design process of the cabinet/stand and hood that I hope to have built next weekend. Tomorrow morning I will be taking a drive to the rural farmland where I grew up to grab substrate from the beach and look for other natural treasures for the aquarium. The sand from the beach is perfect, it was crushed Millstone from a 19th century mine, not too fine, not too coarse.
Anyways enough rambling from me, I just figured what better site for inspiration and knowledge on aquariums. Nice too meet you, glad to be hear.

Sounds cool, Good luck. Just clean your sand and rocks etc good. you don't want to introduce anything extra to your new build. Not sure how to clean Natural substrate but on rocks, I boil them and then soak in a white vinegar solution then let them soak in Tank water, about a 3 day process. Cool thing about beaches is you can find Beach glass if you are lucky always looks good.

Back
Top Bottom