Guppy and friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some neon tetras and various guppies. How will Kissing Gourami (Helostoma temmincki) mix? 200 mm full size is big but I always wanted a couple of larger fish as nice focal point. I have fry regulary so lots of small guppies about too though I'd consider a breeding tank to accomodate a big fish.

I'm not familiar with kissing gourami's but I had a Dwarf Gourami with some fancy male guppies and the DG didn't bother any of the guppies. I would imagine if the kissing gourami's are similar in temperament to DG's then you would be fine.

It depends how big a tank you have. Most say a minimum of 30g, but I've read up to 55 gallons. I have heard a lot about them causing problems and being more aggressive than other gouramis. A dwarf or honey gourami would be a better tankmate or, if you want a larger fish, pearl, blue, or opaline gourami might be a better choice.

I know I saw a kissing gourami that was at least 6 inches long it would have probably eaten any of your fish given half a chance. Kissing Gouramis

Back
Top Bottom