Hairgrass a root feeder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtez

Aquarium Advice Activist
Since i took my hairgrass out of its pot and rockwool, I think it's lost some of its "greenness". I planted it in my sand side of the tank rather than dirted gravel (I have a 50/50 split), and I'm wondering whether it isn't getting nutrients from substrate.

Otherwise I'm putting it down to my lighting as i only have a single T8

From what I've read you need high light and co2.

Well darn. Excel and flourish isn't going to cut it then is it.

Do you use root tabs? on the side you have the plant? if the plant yellows then you know its not getting enough nutrients

Nah I don't, I was wondering if this plant would benefit from tabs i guess

I have hairgrass in my 55 and I don't use root tabs on the grass just my swords but i have a planted substrate and high light with co2. I found out if I trimmed the grass every two or three weeks it grows a lot faster and thicker

I have hairgrass in my 55 and I don't use root tabs on the grass just my swords but i have a planted substrate and high light with co2. I found out if I trimmed the grass every two or three weeks it grows a lot faster and thicker

Lol cool, I see hairgrass in culture packs. Might get some when I find a pack with good roots. But would have to upgrade lighting.

Back
Top Bottom