Have a S10 and S15 marina hob...question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shynepo3 said:
holy frig...******.

so i'll take one of the pads from the other tank (i'll manually remove the carbon). and i'll put two new pads as well (with ceramic only, carbon will be removed). so this means, the tank will have one estabished pad, and two new ones.

my other tank, will have 1 establised pad, and 1 new one.

this sound all good?

also, the 3 pads i took everything out, i can throw those out? no point in keeping them being that they dont have ceramic (or carbon) right?

Yep, sounds good. Just make sure you are testing the water a lot to make sure things are alright. :)

thanks again...just finished doing it. so to recap,

i have one tank that currently has a s15 filter, with 3 slots, 1 slot of established filter pad (only ceramic, took out the carbon), and 2 new ones of just ceramic (took out the carbon). i threw out the 3 old pads.

i have another tank within a s10 filter, with 2 slots, 1 slot of established filter pad (only ceramic, took out the carbon), and 1 new one of just ceramic (took out the carbon).

hoping that the tanks remain cycled, what should i do afterwards for carbon? just get media bags for both filters, and carbon, and just put in the hobs by stuffing them in? i was going to get filter floss too, but being that i need the ceramic, i figure i'll just stick to the actual pads made for the s10 and s15, and remove the carbon manually (it's actually not hard to when it's a new pad that's dry - just a paid when wet). thanks again so much

shynepo3 said:
thanks again...just finished doing it. so to recap,

i have one tank that currently has a s15 filter, with 3 slots, 1 slot of established filter pad (only ceramic, took out the carbon), and 2 new ones of just ceramic (took out the carbon). i threw out the 3 old pads.

i have another tank within a s10 filter, with 2 slots, 1 slot of established filter pad (only ceramic, took out the carbon), and 1 new one of just ceramic (took out the carbon).

hoping that the tanks remain cycled, what should i do afterwards for carbon? just get media bags for both filters, and carbon, and just put in the hobs by stuffing them in? i was going to get filter floss too, but being that i need the ceramic, i figure i'll just stick to the actual pads made for the s10 and s15, and remove the carbon manually (it's actually not hard to when it's a new pad that's dry - just a paid when wet). thanks again so much

I think it would be way easier if you just bought filter floss and cut it to size. Taking out the bio media in your filter every month doesnt do you any good... you could go and buy some other kind of bio media and try to get it to fit in there.

how often would i change the filter floss? everything is beginning to make sense to me....when people talk about leaving in your filter until it's falling apart, they are taking about the biomedia aren't they? but the filter floss (pads), i guess you change every month or so? so for biomedia, i can use a media bag, like the carbon?

shynepo3 said:
how often would i change the filter floss? everything is beginning to make sense to me....when people talk about leaving in your filter until it's falling apart, they are taking about the biomedia aren't they? but the filter floss (pads), i guess you change every month or so? so for biomedia, i can use a media bag, like the carbon?

I change mine whenever I can't see the white filter floss anymore.

Back
Top Bottom