Haven't seen my lobster for a week...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Little Fishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
So about a week ago he stopped coming out at night, and he stayed inside his hiding area, I was worried because whenever I'd put food in my angel fish and whiteskirts and guppies would eat his pellets, so I would wait to come out to feed him, he never did... So I did some tank cleaning, had to move his decorations, then he popped out his head and this was 4 days ago, haven't seen him since, it's just really weird. He used to always be out and about, he wasn't getting picked on or anything...? Should I be directly placing his pellets into his area?

first question does your tank have a tight lid ? these guys are great escape artists
if he did get out best places to check are bathroom around fixtures , kitchen I had one that loved under the fridge , basically any where water is present

have you checked around in his hiding spots ? my purple saltwater lobster I see maybe once every 6 months , I know he's in there as I hear his clicking also when my engineer goby throws out the lobsters molt ,

you can entice him to come out put a shrimp on a skewer he wont be able to resist that

if you keep bugging him moving things around he will hid a lot more as he is stressed

hope you find him

Had a flashlight in at his octopus hiding spot is visible hasnt come out still in week :/ no exoskeleton left behind either...

He has switched positions since last night... Debating to take out his favorite hiding spot... Would that be wrong? I doubt he'd get picked on in my tank.

they are rock dwelling creatures they spend most of there time in the rocks , like I said above I'm lucky to see my purple lobster once every 6 months or so , that's just what they do ,

they are also sensitive to bright light , if you remove all his hiding spots he won't have any type of shelter , you could try making a shelter you can see into like 2 rocks with a piece of slate over the top sit it up against the back glass, this would make it so you can look straight in on him ,

Okay because I have this little helmet decoration I think world be more suitable, how do I safely get him out of his dark spot

Back
Top Bottom