Having to restock, any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBouchard

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 55gal decided to recycle itself, and well most of my fish have passed. Once it is done I am going to restock. As it stands right now it looks like I will have 1 betta (male), 1 angelfish, 1 dojo loach, 1, sword tail (male)7 platys, and 1 danio. We have done some research and please correct me if I am wrong, but would a electric blue ram be okay in this tank? If not what could we put in that would work?

Well as the angel grows it might not like the betta, but hopefully the size of the tank will help the aggression. You could do a lot. Any kind of rams would be fine. German blue, electric blue, Bolivian, balloon, gold...you could always do other small cichlids like apisto, keyhole, and festivum. I would add about 4 more dojos too.

Thanks, glad to hear the rams will be okay. We have already talked about the loaches thankfully the one we have now is alright. We have tossed around adding a few zebra danios as well. But I will have to see who all survives this. :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom