Hc cuba problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought some hc Cuba ( baby dwarf tears ) from aquarium plants .com and went with the two day shipping and when I got it it looked more on the bad side than the good. My question is it looks like bare roots now all the little leaves have fallen off and I was wondering if there was any chance of the plant reviving. I have some in my five gallon shrimp tank and I put a majority in a one gallon bowl with a 15 watt compact fluorescent shining in, no co2. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Some plants melt away when you first put them in the tank, but they usually come back strong. Also baby tears need really high light so make sure you have enough

I wouldn't worry too much about how it looks now, those plants are grown emersed so you will see a little more die off as it transitions to the submerged growth, then it will look nice.

I cant remember the last time I posted on this thread but my hc Cuba kept producing small leaves and floating at the top. The single leaves became two attached leaves and then they produced roots. I have it in a one gallon generic fish bowl and I lowered the water to half and inch from the substrate so the roots could catch. Thank for the help in the previous post because in the state my plant was in I might have just thrown it away thinking it wouldn't have survived.

I am glad everything worked out! It is a beautiful plant once you get it to take hold.

With HC, if you're not injecting co2 you may want to pick up some excel and add a few drops a few times a few times a week will really help it a lot.

Can anyone suggest a way to pin down my hc Cuba that's floating at the top

Back
Top Bottom