Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blrrobinson21

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello from Lake of the Ozarks,
Been lurking around this site for a little bit and Im loving it. I just recently fell into this hobby. I had a buddy sell me a 100 gallon tank already cycled with about 25lbs of LR and 2 yellow tangs, lip stick tang, maroon clown and an angel "i think". Ive got it all set up and it looks great. Right now the only filters that im using are a bed filter and two filters on top. I have no idea what there called. They use two bag type filters with carbon in them that measure about 4*6". Im using one powerhead but im not sure how strong it is. As far as lights, ive got one coral life the measure 3ft but im not sure what lights are in it, two are regular flor. and two are a blue color. "the lighting subject and all the differnet bulbs confuses me right now". Im also using a cheaper single light to span the rest of the length of the tank. Im hoping to build a canopy and setting up a new light system in it but im going to have to learn more about them first. Ill post pics when I can. I would evenually like to get some coral and anemone started but I think I need about 50-80lbs more lr first. One main question I have is, do I need a sump and refugium with my tank to host a few corals and amemones. Im afraid I lack the space to have a setup like that. Any advice or opinions would be great. Sorry for the long post.
Brian

Welcome to AA!
One main question I have is, do I need a sump and refugium with my tank to host a few corals and amemones.
No, neither is necessary, but it seems as tho you would have to make alot of changes to your tank in order to keep any coral.

What do I need to be changing in order to house a few corals? Like I said I just got my setup ultimately want a reef set up but I know I have a long ways to go.

Back
Top Bottom